63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam Reviews

ScoopOnline
ScoopOnline

December 9, 2009
I was very surprised by this Movie as a friend recommenden it to me. The Main Character and his jealous towards his wife and her best friend. A friendship between woman and man doesnt mean "Falling in love" It was funny how he fantasies funny and stupid stuff when he saw Salman and Madhuri together.
Nice songs. Madhuri Dixit beautifull forever with her Dance Skills.
I m not a Shahruk Khan fan but I have seen his old Movies those 90`and my Friends this Man can play a great Psycho and a Jealous Lover. Check movies like Anjaam and Darr.
We see Salman Khan talking about his girlfriend and we also see he talks with her on Phone, I guess many Audience didnt expect it would be Aishwarya, and she is blind in the Movie. A Cameo appeareance at the End of the Movie. Still the plot is very familiar to a Hollywood Movie to me.
iLeo
iLeo

December 16, 2007
Hmmm....I thought I rated this long before...oh well...Great movie. An interesting story plot. Shahrukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit, and Salman Khan stars. A guest appearance by Aishwarya Rai. Worth seeing!
masterdonsslave1
September 18, 2007
about typical traditional indian marriage , wife , husband ..a so so movie ..big stars but still old story
October 24, 2010
I loved Shahrukh Khan's character a lot. While he might have gone a bit too far, I was on his side the whole time.

Once again I found myself annoyed by Salman Khan's character. He was needy and just didn't know when to step back.

But Shahrukh Khan's character (complete with inner monologue and day-dreams of ruining Salman Khan's character) really balanced it out.

Overall the movie was pretty fine. It probably went on a little longer than it should have, but I found it to be quite entertaining.
Ms. Edgar's 16
February 26, 2006
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=5][CENTER]Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam (2002) (English title: I Belong to You, My Love) [/CENTER][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy]Bollywood
[SIZE=2]Featuring: Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan, Madhuri Dixit
Special appearance by Aishwarya Rai[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]I'm a big SRK fan so naturally I was prepared to enjoy this movie. The music wasn't half bad (almost 1/2 bad but not quite), and that is a good start for any Bollywood film. SRK has his moments ? we catch a glimpse of the angry and passionate Asoka; the drunk and powerlessless Devdas; and the mature, fatherly Aman of KHNH. Seeing previews of SRK?s later characters is interesting from an academic point of view, but the moments make the whole all the more disappointing. Any tension and drama developed in the scenes is broken by an effort to keep it light, which makes the characters seem not only confused, but ridiculous. The character introduction in the beginning of the film seems rushed. As a result, we only learn of Gopal's (SRK) love for Radha (Dixit) through his jealousy over her friendship with Suraj (Salmon Khan). The emotions of all the characters seem less genuine as a result, and without an innate willingness to trust the actors themselves, it is hard to relate to the characters or believe their motivations. Better movies make us care regardless of who is playing the part. SRK smoking in the movie was a first for me, and seeing it was interesting after hearing how difficult it was for him to quit (see director?s commentary in KHNH). The very young Aishwarya Rai was a rare treat.

Despite these interesting elements (most of which were tangential to the movie itself), the pacing of the story, song placement, and where the director/writer decided to spend the film's 3 hours left too much to be desired for me to strongly recommend this film. Not a bad way to spend 3 hours, but only if you are a big SRK, Salman Khan, or Bollywood fan.

(additional comments within the 16 below)[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=Olive][B]The Sixteen[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=Silver][SIZE=4]Lightning rating: 9/36 [/SIZE][/COLOR]
[I][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]For details on The Sixteen, please see Info for New Visitors[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[SIZE=3]1. Overall (1/3)
2. Two hours (sic) you?ll never get back (0.5/2)
3. Leaves me thinking (1/2)
[SIZE=2](A one here, suprisingly enough. This movie, as do many, reminds us that communication, avoiding the sit-com "misunderstanding," is vital to maintain a functioning marriage.) [/SIZE]
4. A good story (0.5/2)
[SIZE=2](Predictability is common in Bollywood, and this movie had it in spades. Focusing the family dynamic on siblings, vice parents, howerver, was new for me. 0.5 for that.)[/SIZE]
5. Not your average Hollywood (0/3) (Foreign doesn?t always mean unique.)
6. The world in all its diversity (0/2)
7. Beautiful to look at (0/2)
[SIZE=2](Salman Khan has to be the worst dancer of Bollywoods famous leading men. Farah Khan, choreographer who has done amazing work in the past, couldn't even save him.)[/SIZE]
8. The music of life / Life as music video (1/3)
[SIZE=2](Songs weren't bad, but the score was underwhelming until the melodramatic finish.)[/SIZE]
9. Emotional state (1/2)
10. A good escape (1/2)
11. Epic (0/2)
12. I want to believe?.the acting is real (1/2)
13. Originality (1/2)
14. The technical stuff (1/3)
15. No baseball bat needed (0/2)
16. Lovin? it throughout (0/2)
[SIZE=2](Disjointed pacing had me looking at my watch at several points. Also, no intermission on the DVD.)[/SIZE][/SIZE]