42% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

41% Working the Engels: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Human Traffic Reviews

January 17, 2013
I'm not gonna lie... This is one very bizarre film. I picked this one up purely because I'd looked at it in shops before, and never actually bothered to watch it, and when offered a free film, one does not simply say no.

John Simm, Danny Dyer, and others go together for a night out going out of their mind on every drug in the book. They hate their jobs, and they need a release. So what do they do? They get out and enjoy themselves!

Although the plot is very week, the direction seems to put the viewer in the shoes of a hallucinating drug addict, with scenes shifting between reality, and mental fantasies that spring up to explain metaphors or similes, as well as a sing-a-long version of the new National Anthem of England!

Hilarious comments such as "I decided to take heroine after watching the film Trainspotting!" and "Star Wars was all about junkies!" float all over the place, promising laughter all over the place. The cast works well together, and play their parts fantastically. John Simm especially fits the role fantastically, while showing the negative effects that drugs can bring, and how he tries to overcome it.

While the film as a whole isn't really saying "don't do drugs, they're bad for you!", it does have a similar message to the book A Clockwork Orange (the edition with the 21st chapter, which I gather is not available for our American friends (but I could be wrong)), which says that we do loads of bad things or harmful things when we're young, but as time goes by we will all grow out of those habits.

This message, combined with the humour of it all makes the film well worth watching. I hadn't seen a club film before, but I can tell that if they are all like this, it will be the first of many I will hope to watch.
Sophie B

November 6, 2010
Very stylistic and colourful, representing the 90's very well. The cast were amazing together and you really felt like they'd been friends for a long time. Not my kind of movie but a good one of this genre.
Anthony L

September 22, 2009
It really is a really shite film, why people rave about it so much is beyond me! Bad acting and an awful script!
Alexander W

January 26, 2008
Fun, truth, friends and english dr0gs. worth checkin out if you haven't done so already.
Lady D

February 19, 2007
If you're a raver/clubber from the 90's then I'm sure you'll relate to this film
John B

January 30, 2010
Didn't enjoy it particularly.
DrLappos
DrLappos

May 9, 2007
Thought I'd hate the drug culture idiots but this movie is superb....I had to buy it.
reservourdogg
December 11, 2008
This movie straight out of Britain is fucking amazing! Yeah, I'll use whatever expletives I want thank you! The movie is basically about a group of friends who are into the whole clubbing drug scene. It really depicts people from that lifestyle accurately along with a little 20 something angst. I really loved the dialogue and how none of the characters fell into a stereotype. The film also has moments of absolute beauty. For example, the one scene where everyone gets high and the main character is describing how getting high is, ugh so beautiful. Now, I don't do drugs but I know people who have and this movie is pretty much spot on depictions of their lives. Check it out, you may learn something, or just laugh because after all it is a comedy.
kimori1024
January 31, 2008
BRILLIANT movie! got to be one of my all time faves, and I'd reccomend this to anyone ;) However, if you're in the US, the american version is etided and messed up, so tracking down the original british version is worth it. The Remix is pretty good too!

"The Weekend has landed..."
SonnyLighstrome
November 21, 2007
A movie that would be perfect for a double feature with TRAINSPOTTING, as it has that same energy. This is a great movie about a bunch of young adults who take drugs and party over one crazy night in London. Quality stuff.
April 27, 2006
BRUVVA BRUVVA BRUVVA
.................................................................
not my bag... good cast, not a god movie
................................................................
BRUVVA BRUVVA BRUVVA.....
June 5, 2006
Funny, Histerical, Touching.

DO NOT SEE THE REMIXED VERSION OF THIS FILM... unlike the remixed version of Requiem for a Dream the remix of this movie is just bad... horrible... you know why the stuff they left out was left out... it's cuz it was bad... the new intro and new scenes don't help at all and actually drag the story down.
May 27, 2014
Never gets old, an absolute classic with electrifying personality and style. After watching this film it's impossible not to want to head out for a night of adventure with your favourite people. Gold.
February 10, 2014
Add a Review (Optional)
March 9, 2013
A stupid film that kid stupid film about young boys' life. Good soundtrack

January 17, 2013

Jess G.
November 1, 2012
I really enjoyed this film, I don't understand why people are hating on it!
It's hilarious, but you need a certain sense of humour to get it. The characters are lovable and the storyline is fun and very very 90's.
I think the people who're hating on it just didn't watch it the right way, like I said, it's just that sense of humour, I personally really liked it!
Caesar B.
September 17, 2012
Shot in brit-ganster movie style it's about yobbos doing yobbo things, boozing, snorting & fucking. There are some good moments, but overall it pretty meh. To be precise it's not hardly as clever or cool as it makes itself out to be. I can just hear the writer saying: "This is the story of how me and my mates got on in lower middle class Britain, bla, fucking, bla." The characters are in their twenties and I couldn't care less. Might be inspirational to some people provided they have very low expections in life.
September 10, 2012
Another feelgood clubber film, and as such it's pretty good. There's certainly plenty of wit to go around.