97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

I Saw What You Did Reviews

AJ V

October 3, 2011
This could have been a good movie, but it felt unbalanced. There are two worlds being shown: the young girls and the murderer. The parts with the girls keeps the movie light and fluffy and dull, but the part with the murderer start out dull and get more interesting towards the end. We never really learn a lot about the murderer, though. And there's a shower scene that obviously is supposed to remind us of Psycho. Overall, this movie could have been better.
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

January 13, 2010
Well let me say that, first of all, I am a William Castle fan. Second of all, I think the man WAS capable of making pictures that didn't involve gags or gimmicks. He made very few of them during the height of his career, mainly to silence critics who accused him of being a one-note filmmaker. That beind said, I was very disappointed with I Saw What You Did, which turned out to be (at least to me) one of the worst films he ever made. I haven't even seen them all yet and I know it has to be. This isn't even one of his movies where it's so BAD it's good. It's just bad. The kind of movie you'd find in the dollar bin at a rundown grocery store. Even so, I have to give it two stars. Mainly due to the fact that I'm actually a fan of William Castle and the concept is a pretty good one, but it just falls apart everywhere else in the process. The story is FAR longer than it needs to be. The intention, somewhat, is to turn screws in the tension itself, but it fails miserably...as does the horrible ending. The acting is terrible all around, even from a veteran Joan Crawford, who usually shines in these kinds of roles. The music is ludicirous, as well. I kept expecting to see kids on surfboards during moments in the score. What's sad is if a lot of that music had been excised from the flick, it might have fared a little bit better. And while they were at it, they could have trimmed the story down EXCESSIVELY and lopped off that goofy ending. It's just a mess altogether. See it if you're a William Castle fan. Otherwise, skip it...unless you want to see what NOT to do with a story.
Lafe F

July 11, 2007
Two girls get more than they bargained for when playing a prank phone call game and phoning complete strangers to say "I saw what you did..." and connect with a murderer who comes after them. These girls are somewhat charming. It's perhaps a cautionary tale not to make prank calls. The music is groovy and the girls are circa 1965 with their little sister.
Eric B

September 10, 2009
I've rarely seen a film so sabotaged by its score. Great premise (see plot synopsis above), but the music -- crafted in that light, whimsical style of '60s sitcoms like "Bewitched," "I Dream of Jeannie," etc. -- makes every scene less scary than it should be. And what the heck is Joan Crawford doing in this film?
Audrey L

August 2, 2009
Bad movie! Bad bad movie!!!!! Casting Bad.Direction Bad. Actng REAL bad. A word about Joan Crawford-creepy and withered,overacting splendidly. This movie was made in 1965 and "directed" by William Castle at a time when Joan's best work was behind her..I can liken Joan and her love interest to...hmmm 1990's Jessica Tandy and perhaps, currently Daniel Craig. Not so ghoulish and Harold and Maudish but pretty close. The score sucked. The only redeeming quality was the camera work.and the beauty of black and white cinematography-especially the night scenes.
August 7, 2012
I Saw What You Did is a decent suspense flick undone by a terrible choice of score and slow buildup. The choice too use a bandstand swing style score really makes it hard to take I Saw What You Did seriously. The buildup is slow and the movie only starts moving during the last half hour. The story isn't great but interesting enough yet William Castle just drug it out much longer than he should have. Nothing special to see but decent for an older suspense flick.
TheBogMan1031
June 16, 2008
Rather slow and padded. Nice and all, but Castle's later work lacks the gothic luminescence that made his earlier work so enjoyable.
ronniethechosenone
May 13, 2007
This is mere accident that i even posted this "Because; I was looking forthe movie "SAw" And this just happened to be listed under it as one of my most beloved bad movies! The reason? "It did have it's moments "but"However, the moments were'nt to "shocking" or were'nt to appealing to me, Considering the fact it was made in 1965 "Way before Caller i.d's were even thought of! Microwaves were'nt even thought of then! Or many technologies to speak of! The man supposively answers the phone two a couple of "prankster" teenage girls who just want to have some exciting pass time in their lives! {"Which i can vouch for being brought up as a teenager in a dead town myself!"}lol "Passtimes can be a manner of death it seems for these two teen girls! The poster does look a little more frightening for it's time compared to a lot of the earlier ones in that era, But" the killer was goofy rendition of the guy who delivers the mail in your hometown "or' the old neighbor guy down the road who does good to put on hi's pants in the morning!lol "And the acting was very poor as well {"Except" for maybe arrogant Joan Crawfords portrayal as the doomed wife of course, But" i'm sure a lot of people would dissagree with my ratings on this film, BUt'It still deserves it's recognition "Whether it be "Good"or"bad." 2 and a half stars.
stallonefan1
April 13, 2007
I love William Castle movies but this was kinda funny.The music doesnt matcht the tone of the movie and the dialogue is not timeless.
ihaveadirtylittlesecret
February 28, 2007
i just saw this movie about two days ago. it's old but it's funny; even though it was suppost to be a scary movie.
March 31, 2013
A pretty weak plot with some pretty bad acting and a soundtrack that sounds almost totally misplaced. There is very little to like in this outdated horror flick.
March 11, 2012
I thought this was a good film, but the ending was kind of strange. One minute the girls (sisters) are crying and afraid, and the next they are giggling and laughing. This seems to occur a lot with 1950s and 60s TV shows. I guess it's like seeing the positive out of a negative.
Pizza the Hutt
July 19, 2010
"I saw what you did...and I know who you are."