I Love Trouble - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Love Trouble Reviews

July 25, 2014
Mediocre romantic comedy, I Love Trouble is a film that had the potential of being much better than what it turned out to be. The film suffers from a wooden script, and in turn, the film becomes, tedious and dull to the point that you lose interest in what you're watching. I wanted the film, and felt it should really have stood out, but there weren't any good enough moment to let the film really shine through. I felt it was just a poorly constructed effort, one that didn't try to entertain, and considering what it tried to do with its story, it's surprising that the filmmakers couldn't deliver anything remotely interesting. I felt that this film was a wasted opportunity, one that should have been much better than this. As it is it, it's just not entertaining and it has plenty of clichéd fiddled moments that brings down the film a bit. This could have been quite interesting if more effort would have been put into the film's story in order to make it less formulaic. Unfortunately, it's just another rom-com that never does anything with its ideas and cast. If you're expecting something that will entertain you, you'll be disappointed as the film just doesn't have anything going for it to warrant a viewing. Like I said, if the film would have had a few rewrites, maybe its ideas could really have worked, but this is a film that is ordinary, as if it was made with the same old genre ideas to create something that doesn't do anything worth seeing.
½ November 23, 2007
funny and goodi love this movie there clearly was good chemistry between Nolte and Roberts making it much more watchable!
the plot and storyline is good with quite a few laughs that keep you entertained its got great performances and is a really good film!
May 31, 2008
Two rival reporters have to work together to uncover a conspiracy. Good cast.
February 18, 2007
Uneven mix of suspense-thriller and romantic comedy comes up short because of the lack of real chemistry between Julia Roberts and Nick Nolte, reporters from competing Chicago newspapers who solve the mystery of a derailed train. Still, there are enough effective moments to make it watchable.
October 30, 2007
I've seen I Love Trouble several times and it never gets old. It is from the early 90s but is a story that is still entertaining today. Nick Nolte and Julia Roberts play competing reporters at different newspapers in Chicago. When a major story breaks, they both compete to scoop each other, but ultimately decide to team up when it becomes clear that their lives are endangered. Julia Roberts shines in one of her first leading roles, showing us what got her to be known as America's sweetheart. Nick Nolte is also fantastic. He is a very good actor who doesn't get many good roles anymore, because of his past. It's good to see him playing a likeable character instead of making a cameo as a psychotic drunk. I Love Trouble, and I love this movie. It's a great story with an excellent cast and thoroughly entertaining.
½ June 7, 2010
I thought this movie was funny and clever. This movie is great to watch when you got nothing better to do. The only reason I watched it was because of Nolte and Roberts but the movie isn't one of my favorites.
June 2, 2008
Pretty blah for a newspaper movie.
½ September 26, 2008
An uneven romantic comedy/thriller that features absolutely no chemistry between the leads, bad dialogue, and a horrible plot. Other than that........
March 19, 2009
looks like julia was too busy trying to keep nolte from sticking his tongue in her mouth that she forgot about acting
½ January 20, 2008
It was an okay movie. I didn't care for Nick's character. In the end they worked it all out, but he was a hard one to trust.
December 28, 2007
I think I love trouble too! Just not the kind that involves marrying Nick Nolte so that you can scoop him!
½ June 25, 2007
I'm a Julia Roberts fan -- what can I say? The only one I haven't been really satisfied with was Mary Reilly. . . Well, okay, "Hook", also. . . But that's pretty much it. . .
May 3, 2007
Nothing but a thinly disguised romantic comedy. Nolte and Roberts' interaction dialogue is really lame.
January 7, 2007
I enjoyed this one quite a bit. I like the love/hate relationship - lots of funny moments. Roberts is usually always worth seeing.
August 16, 2006
ok but I didn't like how a beautiful girl like Julia ends up w/ a not so beautiful guy by the name of Nick Nolte
August 11, 2006
I hardly remember, but my theory is, if I hardly even remember if I liked or not a movie, it's probablly because it wasnt too good.
July 14, 2006
Super cheesy, loved it when I was young, it still has some entertaining qualities, but not that great of a film
April 19, 2015
It shows on screen how much these two actors didn't get along even if there characters are basic paper cutouts.
August 6, 2012
One of the worst posters to date.