I Spy

I Spy Reviews

MANUGINO
MANUGINO

February 3, 2010
Get another field of view

Not a very funny movie. The story really is weak and barely good action comes our way. I saw this film pretty much for Owen Wilson since i'm not a Eddie Murphy movie fan per se. Watch at own risk!

When the Switchblade, the most sophisticated prototype stealth fighter created yet, is stolen from the U.S. government, one of the United States' top spies, Alex Scott, is called to action. What he doesn't expect is to get teamed up with a cocky civilian, World Class Boxing Champion Kelly Robinson, on a dangerous top secret espionage mission. Their assignment: using equal parts skill and humor, catch Arnold Gundars, one of the world's most successful illegal arms dealers, and foil his treacherous plans for the plane.
Lucas M

June 20, 2011
More another worthless picture by Betty Thomas and Eddie Murphy.
Chiefilms
Chiefilms

January 11, 2011
High School theater viewing, didn't like it at the time. Thought one scene was funny but was disinterested throughout. Watched it again recently and my opinion hasn't changed. Eddie Murphy is Chris Tucker in Rush Hour or Eddie Murphy in anything he has ever done.
Richard C

July 23, 2010
C
ajaymuthecooldevils
ajaymuthecooldevils

March 6, 2007
Saw it accidentally on TV, it wasn't a bad movie but wasn't a good one too... But it was pretty entertaining... Especially for Eddie Murphy with his typical acting and Owen Wilson which is still on of my favorite comedian... Yet Famke Janssen is stealing my attention too, she's so beautiful on this movie...
KJ P

March 10, 2010
Eddie Murphy and Owen Wilson don't even mke the story any better than it already is, BAD! Some of the action scenes/thrills, are fun to watch, but other than that, it's a complete mess!
Anthony L

September 28, 2009
Rubbish. It was about 15 years too late as these kinds of silly comedies belong in the 80?s. The invisible plane also really annoyed me!
TomBowler
TomBowler

August 3, 2009
this film is only any good if you don't want to think about what you're watching
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

January 1, 2008
arhg a funny action film the two gr8 acotrs work asnd is a gd film very funny and action packed worth a watch!!
Jason S

December 28, 2006
This movie is crappy with crappy acting. you would think that with all the "Names" in the movie it would have come to something some what entertaining. It doesn't.
The story is plain and that isn't a problem really. The characters are. Eddie Murphy plays a guy I didn't really like at all. Luke Wilson plays a guy that is borderline pathetic. Plus the fact that they both really think that everything they say is funny to the max really wears on you quick.
I would stay away from this one.
puffchunk
puffchunk

October 13, 2007
Somehow I saw this one, and somehow I forgot everything about it.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 9, 2007
underrated and funny, ignore the critics on this one
Roy G

November 5, 2006
The jokes are flat, and the action looks fake.
Aaron N

May 30, 2006
It has its moments, and Murphy has moments of being funny again, but overall, nothing really memorable.
Steven V

April 30, 2008
It was alright, I thought the dialogue was excellent between Eddie Murphy and Owen Wilson. The action sequences were a bit mind-boggling to accept, but I don't think the film was really supposed to contend with the action-blockbuster genre. It's more a spoof/spy/comedy film that all the family can watch.
Christopher H

November 7, 2011
Eddie Murphy delivers the performance that we have all grown to love him for, with smart talking and ranting throughout the entire film. Though I have had very little contact with the series that this film was based on, alone, this film stands strong as an outrageous buddy comedy.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

November 21, 2010
Starring Eddie Murphy, Owen Wilson, Famke Janssen, Malcolm McDowell, Gary Cole.

Owen Wilson is Special Agent Alexander Scott. He risks his life daily to save the world but is frequently treated by his cohorts at the mythical agency as somewhat of a foul-up in comparison to super smooth spy, Carlos (played by Gary Cole). On Scott's latest mission he's assigned to try and retrieve a sophisticated, top secret stealth-jet (which has the power to camouflage itself like the alien in `Predator') from evil arms dealer Gundars (Malcolm McDowell) who's about to sell the jet to terrorist bidders. Unfortunately for him, the only man who can help him sneak into the criminal's home to find out where the plane has been hidden is an arrogant, cocky, loudmouthed boxer Kelly, played by Eddie Murphy who's only in it for the fame and exposure. Naturally the two mix like oil and water but with time running out, both of the men must work together; unless they kill each other first along the way. Also along for the ride is fellow agent Famke Janssen (who seems to have ulterior motives of her own)!
Yinalí R

November 17, 2007
Cool...
Sean S

January 14, 2007
I wish they hadn't made this movie I really liked the TV show.
May 12, 2012
Another in the endless line of "buddy movies". Owen Wilson was fair in this movie, but certain not one of his best. Too much Eddie Murphy in this movie and his constant ramblings weren't very entertaining or funny. You're better off watching "Beverly Hills Cop" or "Wedding Crashers" than wasting time on this movie.