If Lucy Fell Reviews

December 31, 2008
I know it's not a great movie, but this is one i used to have on VHS when it first came out and just loved, so I have good memories of it, which have probably sent the rating up a star it doesn't deserve!
I recently picked it up on DVD after not seeing it in years, and still love it, even though I can see it is a bit silly in hindsight. This is a really nice role for Sarah Jessica (particularly when you look at some of the movies she is picking these days. Geez!). I also didn't realise a very young Scarlett Johansson is in this too with a small part!
Elle McPherson plays the same vapid pretty girl she always seemed to play around this era of her career (as with her character on Friends, I think was around the same time). Pretty face, wooden acting. Really not a fan, funny you don't see her these days. But I guess she suits the shallow Jane here.
Eric Schaffer as Joe is not all that well cast, actually kind of weird. (I think written that way, though). Still not annoying enough to put me off the movie! Also worth a look for a younger Ben Stiller - also better than anything he has been in recently (Fockers, anyone?).
Just a sweet, romantic little story which is a bit quirky. Undemanding viewing.
½ June 25, 2013
Generic and uninspired, If Lucy Fell is stereotypical rom-com tripe. The story follows two friends that make a death pact to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge if they haven't turned around their romantic fortunes in 28 days. Starring Sarah Jessica Parker, Eric Schaeffer, Ben Stiller, and Elle Macpherson, the cast is fairly good and gives decent performances. But the writing is extremely poor, and is just one cliche after another. If Lucy Fell is a by the book romantic comedy that has some charm, but no originality or heart.
Naughtia
½ May 15, 2010
Lucy has a terrible dull lovelife and lives as a single woman together with her roommate Joe. Lucy and Joe are best friends so they agree to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge if either of them aren't in a committed relationship within a month. This movie wasn't the best I've seen and it wasn't the worst either. Ben Stiller's character was hilarious and extremely weird in this movie and it gave a lot of laughs. This movie has a lot of talented actors in it and I thought this was what made the movie much better than it was.
½ June 2, 2008
A really dumb girl movie.
iLeo
January 31, 2007
Loved it.
February 15, 2008
I think we can all relate to this movie. I don't know that we all go so far as to make a death pact...but some people out there just need a drastic push to get them over the hump of their seemingly stalled lives.
½ January 16, 2008
I so wanted to fall in love with this movie, I loved the trailer. But seeing the actuall movie ruins what I felt for the trailer. Sorry but this is only worth seeing once and leaves you feeling empty.
August 24, 2007
I actually really liked this movie. Sure it's got the same fluff you find in most romantic comedies, but there were a few twisted elements that made it completely different. Also one of Ben Stiller's strangest characters.
August 10, 2007
I'm so glad I didn't let the bad reviews disuade me. I watched it anyway and loved it. It's pretty basic. No bells and whistles on this one. Just a solid storyline and decent acting that makes for a great "feel good" movie with a goofy, happy ending!
June 25, 2007
Pretty much, one of those great movies you stumble upon and luckily, I did. This has humor and a classic twist on the sucide scale. The "Suicide Pact" makes it all the more refreshing, especially when Ben Stiller steps in as Bwick. (In his dreads and all) It wasn't really a typical romantic comedy in my mind. It was one of those movies where it shows you to just be patient. Or something like that.
March 4, 2007
sarah jessica parker did great in this one! eric schaeffer and ben stiller were hilarious! luv them both! this movie is a great example of showing your loved one how much you care about them.
September 8, 2006
If Lucy Fell, no one would care because Sarah Jessica Parker is not attractive enough to care about.
½ June 25, 2013
October 2, 2012
IM a big fan of the flick but not many people have seen it.
October 2, 2012
IM a big fan of the flick but not many people have seen it.
October 3, 2010
Brilliant and wonderful. Can't see it enough.
Naughtia
½ May 15, 2010
November 27, 2009
I think I'm a sucker for movies like these. It's one of those where "the more you relate, the more you like". I just liked the characters, but I can also definitely see why it got such a low review.
November 25, 2009
genuinely adorable. the relationships are fun to connect with. the storyline is also easy to relate to. i don't even like sarah jessica parker but she is wonderful in this movie, all of the characters are individualized. great entertainment.
½ April 7, 2006
[size=2]I'm beginning the rather lengthy task of entering into the database every film I have seen, at least those I have a decent memory of. Some may have the briefest of reviews while many will just have a number. Those films that I consider personal favorites and/or those that have some historical signficance I will add later when I have time for more lengthy reviews.

[b]The Island of Dr. Moreau[/b], directed by John Frankenheimer, is an ill-advised science fiction/horror film starring Marlon Brando, Val Kilmer, and Fairuza Balk.

[b]In the Line of Fire[/b], directed by Wolfgang Petersen, Clint Eastwood stars as a Secret Service Agent haunted by his past, specifically JFK's assassination. Decades later a presidential hopeful is being stalked by a possible assassin, and it's up to Eastwood to protect him. John Malkovich is highly memorable as the villian. The cast also includes Rene Russo, Dylan McDermott, It's an above average action thriller.

[b]If Lucy Fell[/b], directed by Eric Schaeffer, is a romantic comedy about a pair of friends who earlier in their life made a "suicide pact" that they would jump of the Brooklyn Bridge if they had not married my age 30. The script is fairly weak and some of the performances (especially from Scaeffer who cast himself) are pretty bad.

[/size]