I'll Do Anything - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I'll Do Anything Reviews

½ November 7, 2006
Wonderful.
July 2, 2008
I'll do anything to not see this film again.
½ June 27, 2009
I don't usually go for films about Hollywood, unless they're by Preston Sturges. This one worked for me, though, just because it seemed so unlike the real place in that the people who populate it are compassionate, honest, and feeling. I have no firsthand experience with the movie business, nor do I want any. Albert Brooks and Julie Kavner particularly stood out. Uneven at times, but recommended.
September 27, 2008
When you make a musical and then decide to cut all of the songs, well it just doesn't work very well.
August 1, 2008
I watched this movie because it said it was from 2008. But that was a lie, it's really 1994. Showtime lied to me. This movie was pretty good though, little girl was so cute.
January 17, 2008
a great story of an actor who keeps his integrity amongst a corrupt bussiness world of film making that only revolves around profit and a cute back story of a father re-uniting with his spoiled daughter. 90's galore, great bits making fun of the movie industry, a terrific film. the feel good story of 1994. Nick Nolte is my new favorite actor.
½ May 24, 2007
James L. Brooks is a genius, yet he still made this movie. It's a hard misstep in an incredible career.
½ October 3, 2006
Immensely disappointing. Most of Albert Brooks stuff is good. This isn't bad, but it had so much potential. What a waste of a terrific cast. The exception to that is the bratty Whittni Wright. What an obnoxious little girl, she was irritating as hell and she distracted so much from the film.
February 23, 2006
I absolutely love this movie!! "you are the best! you can do everything..." that's the best song ever!
½ December 30, 2014
Slow... hard to follow... bratty kid is hard to tolerate... Not recommended.
½ September 5, 2014
It's a miracle this film is even watchable, given the redaction and replacement of its musical numbers. Julie Kavner and Albert Brooks are great in a subplot, but the film overall is just kind of meh.
½ June 17, 2014
One of my favorite movies ever
½ February 8, 2013
Tiresome father daughter relationship story in the main, although there is a second relationship sub-plot that could be viewed as more interesting. The film means well though and is also a decent parody of the film industry.
August 27, 2012
With Prince's songs put back in.
March 31, 2012
Another one I loved from back in 94. The little actress is too cute. I laughed and cried, it is just good stuff.
June 3, 2009
At first I found this light hearted comedy to be fun and cheerful, then I realized how horrible this little girl really is, and how one demential the whole cast was. There is nothing really fun about this movie, of course it does have its moments where you get a little teary eyed and say awww, but those moments are then quickly overshadowed by the screaming of this little girl, or the odd side story with the secretary and Hobbs. Overall uninteresting rather annoying and a waste of time; I'll do anything to not watch this again.
½ March 1, 2011
A big, messy passion-project of a movie in which James L. Brooks is all but yelling "I have a lot of feelings!" at the audience. The Hollywood satire stuff is shrill and self-gratifying, but I was eventually won over by sheer force or possibly Stockholm syndrome. There are too many good lines and interesting characters to dismiss here, and it's worth sitting through just for Julie Kavner getting all the good lines and that kind of amazing child actress. I'd love to see the original cut of the movie, which was apparently a musical featuring original songs by Carole King, Prince, and Sinead O'Connor. Afterthought: I wonder how bummed James L. Brooks was by the eventual, actual remake of "Mr. Deeds Goes to Town"?