I'm All Right Jack - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I'm All Right Jack Reviews

½ February 10, 2011
For me, this is the best film of all time. A superb cast of the UK's finest character actors and an A1 script.

Peter Sellers was truly magnificent as the left wing union shop steward and Terry Thomas excelled in playing the two faced Personnel Manager. Among his classic comments are "The Management have behaved like absolute stinkers" when talking to the union and " They are a complete shower" when talking to Management about the unions. Another fine comment is when on being told that some bigwigs are visiting the factory, Terry Thomas replies "You better spruce the place up a bit, you know soap in the toilets, that sort of thing".

I must have seen this film at least 20 times and I never grow tired of it. Great story, fine comedy and great acting. Never has a film handled the issue of industrial relations in such an amusing and pertinent manner.
½ January 18, 2011
Sharp but somewhat dated satire about unions, strikes and industry in 1950s Britain. The opening scene in the candy factory is a riot -- I wish the rest of the film were as funny. Favorite little details: Peter Sellers' purposeful walk and patsy Ian Carmichael's steady stream of "terribly sorry"/"frightfully sorry" apologies.
½ November 13, 2009
Not so much funny, but definitely interesting in its portrayal of unionized workers and their management in the late 50's. We still think to this day that unionized workers are bit on the slack side; and this movie does nothing to change our mind as workers strike because of a 'breach of contract' with management. Really, its just a reaction because it was proven a normal, unskilled worker with just days of experience proved he could do double/triple the work in half the time. And he wasn't even trying.

Never seen Terry-Thomas before; notable to me since the Marvel Captain Britain villain James Jaspers is based off of him...hmmmmmmm
½ February 15, 2014
Good old British satirical social comedy poking some fun at industrial labour/management, unions, and employment class. Clever and amusing. I did have a harder time connecting with it as I grew up in an entirely different era (like half a century). Nonetheless, I still enjoyed it , and recognize it's greatness. 7.5/10
½ April 3, 2012
I'm All Right Jack is an enjoyable film. It is about a naive aristocrat in search of a career becomes caught up in the struggles between his profit-minded uncle and an aggressive labour union. Peter Sellers and Ian Carmichael give wonderful performances. The screenplay is well written. John Boulting did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the humor and comedy. I'm All Right Jack is a must see.
March 14, 2013
Margaret Rutherford,Peter Sellers ,Terry-Thomas, Dennis Price, Dennis Price and Michael ward, with a cast like this you couldn't go wrong, great classic stough.
August 26, 2012
A solid and surprisingly timeless take on unions and the struggle between management and workers, "I'm All Right Jack" is funny enough and very meaningful. Peter Sellers steals the show as always.
January 17, 2011
Slow building, but hysterical drama regarding industrial relations, unions and international trade. While Ian Carmichael is the lead, the supporting cast of Peter Sellers, Terry Thomas, Richard Attenborough and Margaret Rutherford really steal the show. Made in England in 1959, it's interesting to note the racial terminology which would be offensive today and the strong poke taken toward the union workers who are portrayed as lazy slobs that are bilking the companies.
July 26, 2009
You cannot beat a Sellers/Thomas combo at their very best.

Absolute bounder of a film.
½ May 20, 2006