In Country - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

In Country Reviews

August 8, 2015
Not particularly good. Not the worst film, and to be honest, the last few minutes of this when they visit the Vietnam memorial are great. However, the rest of the movie feels really disjointed and confused. If the director was trying to do this deliberately to try and capture the characters' emotions, I would understand and appreciate it. But it's not done deliberately, it's just clumsy as hell. That being said, this is far from the worst war movie out there, it's just nothing special.
March 6, 2008
Bruce Willis got the horros of the after shock of this war down to a tee.I should know i have uncels who have been there and back.
½ May 23, 2011
Watched this movie recently. great movie for Memorial Day. Bruce Willis is outstanding. I cried like a baby at the end. For all those Viet Nam Vets. Thank you for your sacrifice. This was my generations war. It was awful for the soldiers and for the people back home who didn't support the war. Watch this on Memorial Day Instead of Saving Private Ryan
October 16, 2006
5.5/10. The film has a good message, but it sure takes a long time to get that message across. Boring at times Emily Lloyd's fake country accent gets downright irritating at times. Bruce Willis on the other hand gives a fine performance. The moving ending can not make up for the painfully slow pace of the film.