In My Sleep - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

In My Sleep Reviews

August 24, 2015
I liked the idea of the movie, but the acting and film quality were terrible.
March 21, 2013
Meant to be Hitchcockian -- the writer and director, Allen Wolf, more or less says so in his director's statement -- and maybe it is, if you think of it as, say, Hitchcock's senior project for film school. zzzzzz boring!
½ April 16, 2010
Aspires to the noble tradition of Hitchcock and L.A. film noir, but boasts all the cerebral and aesthetic restraint of a West Hollywood dance club.
½ March 11, 2012
This movie was fucking painful to watch. I wouldn't watch it again not even if they paid me. Terrible acting, cinematography sucked and the plot wasn't that good. Total fucking borefest. This was a low budget movie that totally sucked balls. Don't waste your precious time on this crap. The lead guy had a nice body but that's about it.
December 31, 2011
I don't really understand all the negative reviews of this movie. I thought it was fantastic. Full of plot holes, yes. Cheesy, yes. At times laughably pathetic, yes. But it all works. This is the kind of movie I usually enjoy most- unrealistic, over-the-top, and really kind of lame, but still incredibly entertaining despite all that. I was very pleasantly surprised.
December 30, 2011
Like I said before, B movies need love too! Someone should reward me for siting through this entire flick..
½ September 18, 2010
This is a spectacular thriller, and I have no idea of why the reviews for this have been so awful. The plot is thrilling, the characters are well acted, and the director does a very good job handling the whole thing. To be honest, i might of even rated this a little higher if it wasn't for one little thing: Lighting. There are a few scenes where you might not know what just happened due to either too much glare from the camera, or not enough light to see what happened. Still, this error only pops up around twice over the course of this 105 minute movie, and the movie its self is so good it almost makes up for it. Almost. Still, this movie is definitely worth checking out.
July 21, 2010
A well acted thought provoking psychological thriller; quite possibly the second best film of the year so far, rivaled only by Inception.
½ May 13, 2010
This movie turned out to be a very interesting and unique thriller, which is a shame because its only getting a limited release. I saw this film through some friends at Calvin College, the director was having a free screening in New York for the Alumni of the school, so they took me along. I didn't know what to think walking in because I didn't know much about it, but boy was I impressed. It was shot in a way that you could tell right away that it was an independent film, but I think that was one of the movies strengths because it made it come to life for me and made it feel real. The lead actor in the movie, Philip Winchester, was brilliant as a young man with sleepwalking issues every step of the way, as was the entire cast of almost unknowns.
It's a limited release movie, but if you find that its playing anywhere near you I'd strongly recommend checking it out, especially if you're a fan of good thrillers that make you think.
½ May 9, 2010
interesting medical phenomenon to highlight, but the execution and ending was rather predictable, which takes away a lot of the "thrill". and the whole girl-next-door relationship was unconvincing. it was like watching an episode of House & Castle back to back, with more abs :)
½ April 27, 2010
This is a FANTASTIC MOVIE! It had me on the edge of my seat. I definitely recommend it. It has a lot of humor too!
½ April 25, 2010
this movie was EXCELLENT! by FAR one of the best films i have seen in quite some time. i loved it. i will see it again, and purchase the dvd most definitely. youd never guess the ending! i was constantly on the edge, biting my nails, and completely sucked into this film and the characters.. i was wrong each time i thought "i knew what was going to happen". this movie needs to be in more theaters so many more can enjoy its brilliance!! 5 stars for sure!
½ April 23, 2010
I went to a pre-screening of this movie while I was in LA and loved it. It is a great mystery thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat through the whole movie.
April 21, 2010
I saw this film at the Ft. Lauderdale -- it is incredible. It's Hitchcock meets the modern world. Was tricked, guessed, wrong, jumped, and in suspense the whole way through
April 1, 2010
This is a FANTASTIC movie. Had me on the edge of my seat. Lots of twists and turns. Very exciting plot. Loved it.
August 24, 2015
I liked the idea of the movie, but the acting and film quality were terrible.
September 29, 2013
The idea of this movie was intriguing, but the execution left a lot to be desired. I couldn't make it through the first half so it was a pass.
July 28, 2013
In My Sleep is a disappointing film. It is about Marcus who struggles with parasomnia, a sleepwalking disorder that causes him to do things in his sleep that he cannot remember the next day. Philip Winchester and Tim Draxl give horrible performances. The script is badly written. Allen Wolf did a terrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
½ July 26, 2013
As bad as Gigli. If not worse.