Infested - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Infested Reviews

November 24, 2009
I wasn't expecting much of this film, I figured it would be a cheapo version of "Swarmed". It was much worse. The special effects were horrible, the plot soooo dumb. Incredibly bad. I think, but am unsure, it was supposed to maybe be funny. It may have been a spoof. The fact that I don't know for sure, is a sign the filmmakers failed miserably.
½ October 1, 2008
is it cheesy? fuck yes... is it fun? oh god yes it is crappy and fun in so many ways please check it out... think that stupid movie the big chill with a crappy story line and you will like it...
March 11, 2007
January 2, 2013
The fact that this is written by the screenwriter behind HISTORY OF VIOLENCE should be reason enough to question your hate for this "bad film." This film is an incredibly creative and absurdist film that tried to pretend it is the worst of the worst. Knowing that this film is trying to be a "so-good it is bad" should enlighten you enough to its genius. Every scene is riddled with hilarious "awfulness" and it loves to create contradictions to the rules it sets up. It is the Troll 2 of the cgi era of straight-to-dvd films.

--------

Re-watching, I was less inspired by its horridness, but will confirm with past self, it goes so far with its madness.
½ August 28, 2014
"INVASION OF THE MUTATED FLIES"

- 'Infested' is a 2002 horror film written and directed by John Olson. This is one of those films that is so bad, it gets ridiculous! The story? Well, it's about bugs that are attacking a group of friends, turning them into zombies. Sounds crazy? It is! Even the dialogues, the special effects and even the acting is of a very low level. For most people an absolute waste of time, for others 1h28m of goofy pulp. Makes you wonder: who finances a movie like that? Strangely enough Olson was the screen player for the Oscar Nominated 'A History of Violence'. In 'Infested' we see Zach Galligan (Gremlins films, Hatchet 3), Mark Margolis (Noah, Breaking Bad) and Amy Jo Johnson (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie, Flashpoint). Get ready, the flies are swarming ... and hungry!

A funeral brings a group of childhood friends back together. Each of them has been successful in life; Warren (Galligan) is a famous TV star and Mindy still looks hot. To honor the memory of their deceased friend, they spend the weekend in their childhood vacation home with widow Jessie (Jo Johnson). What the group doesn't know is that the house is home to a swarm of mutated bugs. One by one, the flies claim their victims, inhabiting their bodies. Who will survive the horror?
September 2, 2012
It's got my all time favorite actress in it Amy Jo Johnson
October 17, 2010
Here is a contender for the worst crap of a film ever made. When watching it you cannot help feeling they made it this bad on purpose. But watch it with a friend, because it is fun to make fun of. and i give it a whole star just for that.
November 24, 2009
April 11, 2009
a bunch of yuppy childhood friends get together to attend a friend's suicide, in which they shortly after get infested by flies that take over each of their bodies one by one, giving them superhuman strength, immortality of sorts (although they're zombies who just stand in the yard usually) and enjoy 80's music. the entire premise was ridiculous but was completely overshadowed by the horrible dialogue and script. most of the actors are vaguely familiar, such as the dude from gremlins, (zach galligan), robert duncan mcneill and mark margolis. preposterous, awful, these words come to mind.
zembie
January 13, 2009
Heh, a bit more skin and this could have rivalled any asylum production. Good and hearty laughs here.
½ October 1, 2008
June 1, 2008
You can see that its a low budget movie and thats why its fun....very bad if you want to be scared
June 1, 2008
So bad it borders brilliance. Please watch it.
March 5, 2008
man....i luuuuuv'd dis movie
February 17, 2008
Damn awful, if like many men my age you are tempted to watch this because you might get to see the pink power ranger we all loved get all adult...please don't bother the fact they threaten you with it makes it all the worse.

PS if you ever get attacked by flies that take over your body just remember to put on some god awful music (that kills them you see)
January 11, 2008
god, it was awful. the dialogue was completely unbelievable and sound was off the whole movie. b/c of that, it was awesome.
December 17, 2007
Now that's what I'm talking about
March 11, 2007