Inside Moves

• On DVD:    Feb 3, 2009

Inside Moves Reviews

Brody M
April 30, 2010
If I could find a neighborhood bar as warm & fun as the 1 on Inside Moves, I defintely wouldnt mind hanging out
Anthony B. Anthony B. August 7, 2013
A boring, aimless film that builds little tension and doesn't have nearly enough humor to avoid sinking into a soap-opera swamp.
Miguel E March 22, 2013
I just bought a copy of Inside Moves. I always loved this film but had not seen it in a long time. It is a film that is full of excellent performances. A bonus feature about the original book and bringing it to the screen was really fascinating. It's amazing to think how hard it is to make a movie like this. They don't sell. If you take some of the great films of the golden era as far as I'm concerned the 1970s and early 80s, a lot of these films couldn't be made any longer unless as an independent. It's a treat to see Harold Russell again. Diana Scarwid is so good and understated. I really like the two leads in Savage and Morse. Richard Donner is a director with real heart. Take a look at some of those early scenes in Superman when he is in Smallville and how beautiful they are filmed. Take a film as creepy as the Omen and it still works today. I liked his Lethal Weapon trilogy. Watch Inside Moves.
Christopher O ½ September 23, 2012
Well Done Film with excellent acting from all the principals
Ted D February 5, 2011
This is one of me and my dad's favorite movies
Jon D. Jon D. ½ August 1, 2010
A must for Golden State Warrior fans. A speaking role for Clifford Ray and appearances by Phil Smith, Raymond Townsend, Robert Parish, Sonny Parker, and Tom Abernathy. The movie itself is okay. David Morse in his debut and John Savage in his prime.
Del Taco Del Taco May 9, 2010
Director Richard Donner has said this is his favorite among all the movies he's made. A very sentimental film about friendship and lost dreams. Movie begins with a shockingly matter fact suicide attempt as John Savage throws himself off a building. After months of recovery, he walks into a bar run by pro basketball wannabe David Morse. Regular patrons of the bar are a man who has lost his hands, a blind man, and others, who Savage soon realizes all have massive downturns in their lives. Listening to their stories make his problems very insignificant. The camaraderie of these patrons, managing to laugh at life's problems, gives Savage a new appreciation of life. It's to Donner's credit that that he points to the fact that all people cannot be saved, if they choose not to. Only drawback to the film is Morse's character turns into a major jerk and whines when things don't go his way. Yes, it's needed to further the plot , but goes on much too long and the film stalls a bit. Far from my favorite Donner film ( that would be Superman ) but overall, it is a nice change of pace for the director
Scott F. Scott F. December 31, 2009
One of the great unknown movies. I saw this when it first came out and was completely blown away by the performances and the overall feel of the picture. I have since shown it to many friends and consider it one of the best movies of all time. John Savage,Diana Scarwid and David Morse are all fantastic. All of the other cast deliver a great ensemble performance - particularly Bill Henderson, Bert Remsen, and Harold Russell in his first performance since winning best supporting actor for Best Years Of Our Lives in 1946. Made by Richard Donner with the money he made from Superman 1.
Garrett O. Garrett O. ½ December 16, 2008
Had the pleasure to see this movie with my Step-Dad as an 11 year old kid. It was just him and I. I remember it being winter and cold outside. I couldn't believe the time had gone so fast from the time the movie started to the time we were piling out of the theater. I don't think I blinked once. I was inspired by the friendship and had so many questions. Looking back, I see what it really meant to commit to something or someone and have faith. I truly recommend this movie to all.