48% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Invisible Circus Reviews

Marcus W

May 22, 2013
I don't know who keeps giving hippies money to make movies, but I wish they'd stop.
Leilanilani
October 8, 2009
I felt her passion. It was very ... She looked her sister's memory in that man. Its very cruel....Missing many things.
jve76
September 15, 2009
One sympathises with the girl trying to find out what happened to her big sister, but much of the story doesn't ring true. The scene where she goes mad doesn't lead anywhere. Plus one star for having Cameron Diaz.
jamilyn0276
August 8, 2009
When Phoebe turns 18, she travels to Europe to find out what really happened to her older sister, Faith, who went over there in the 60s and died.
I found The Invisible Circus to be somewhat entertaining. It had a decent story and managed to keep my attention. But, with the cast of Cameron Diaz, Blythe Danner, Jordana Brewster, and Christopher Eccleston I was expecting a little bit more than that.
Jordana Brewster did look great in this movie. Back before she became a sickly skinny stick figure. Her and Christopher Eccleston had really good on screen chemistry in this one. Cameron Diaz and Camilla Belle, who played younger Phoebe, really had good onscreen chemistry as well. You really believed that they were sisters who genuinely loved one another. I wish you would have seen more of the amazing Blythe Danner on screen, but I can understand why it was written the way it was.
I think I would like to read this book, I am sure it's a lot more detailed than the film. I think this film would have been a lot better had it not felt so rushed to fit everything in.
MichelleasaurusRex
April 29, 2009
I really didn't find this movie very interesting. It had a good story to it, but like I wasn't really into it, this movie was kind of flat.
June 10, 2007
The story is beautifully told in showing how people may find their true identity in exploring to the beyond, it's just beautiful (And I love Jordana Brewster, so happy she flashed there :P)
May 23, 2007
girl goes to europe to investigate why her sister committed suicide 8 years earlier. is cameron diaz required to dance in every movie she makes? at least she?s good at it; and pretty good in this movie.
March 29, 2007
Christopher Eccleston was alson in this movie and was the Ninth doctor on Doctor who. the man is a great actor
Dave J
April 19, 2012
Thursday, April 19, 2012

(2001) The Invisible Circus
DRAMA MYSTERY

Movie's narrator Phoebe (Jordana Brewster) who just can't get over her sister, Faith's (Cameron Diaz)suicide from some European country after being somewhat traumatize over her father's demise and eventually becomes part of a radical group supporting the repressing of the gov't against the US invasion of Vietnam. Phoebe is then being driven to seek out what really happend since she's suspicious for some resolution/ closure, and leaving her mother behind to do it by visiting those exact same places where her sister's been to.

Haven't learned anything more than the last time I finished watching it since it was exactly what it was, that it was a suicide without the 'how' and the 'why' which is what this film dwells on and then I stopped caring anymore. Great production values but inspired result.

2 out of 4
June 11, 2011
One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Brewster's exposure is not even enough to justify the movie ticket on this one.
moviebuff18cab
April 20, 2006
THE INVISIBLE CIRCUS (2001)
Zeppo1
November 6, 2009
** (out of four)

Cameron Diaz stars a carefree spirit who spends the summer of 1969 travelling through Europe with her boyfriend. Next thing, her family is notified that her body was found. Seven years later her younger sister travels to Europe to search for the truth.

The film never takes off as the plot meanders through a bunch of different episodic situations with uninteresting characters.