65% The Equalizer Sep 26

62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Invocation of My Demon Brother Reviews

Eric B

January 10, 2010
I'm not sure what Anger is getting at in this film (albinos, penises, modern pagans...what?), but it's worth seeing for Mick Jagger's soundtrack, if nothing else. I saw this short on Google Video and, assuming that the soundtrack wasn't tampered with, it was startlingly ahead of its time. There is about five minutes in the middle which sounds incredibly like something Sonic Youth might have recorded 15 years later!
kenscheck
March 13, 2013
Kenneth Anger provided the bizarre images that evoke Satanism and the Occult, with an irritating moog synthesizer soundtrack provided by Mick Jagger. Admittedly it is not Jagger's best work. I'm honestly not that qualified to say whether or not it is Anger's best work. This film was an early midnight movie, and it's easy to see hippies and college kids getting high and watching this.
engrymfilm
January 5, 2009
When all other explanation fails, just slap in some images of Satan and the Rolling Stones. Oughta do some thing...right?
January 26, 2008
Probably Anger's most abstract film. It's as if Anger invented his own cult language and used it most abundantly here.
K. Davis
June 9, 2014
Mick Jagger was doing Sonic Youth in 1969 set to strange, dark, and sexually charged images in Kenneth Anger's memorable "Invocation of My Demon Brother".
May 18, 2012
Loved it, though I confess the music got on my nerves after the first couple of minutes. Frigging creepy though. Plus I think I read somewhere the albino is committing suicide on camera.
June 28, 2011
intoxicating, feverish, incantatory and perverse. in short: sublime