It Waits Reviews

½ July 11, 2010
The acting is beyond terrible, but the creature is pretty downright awesome. Attempts to have a plot, but said attempt is utterly thwarted by the cast's inability to act. Great modern B movie for when you want some SciFi-channel quality fare of creature feature action.
October 16, 2012
Parts of the plot and story in whole are kind of absurd ; The actors must of learned their craft online but believe it or not, this wasn't bad for a horror movie because the monster was cool as heck (can't believe I used the word heck)
October 4, 2011
Don't let the 3 stars fool you, this isn't an above average movie. But I found it fairly entertaining and decently directed for its no doubt miniscule budget.

Standard storyline; emotionally damaged woman cut off from civilization being stalked by a monster. Horrific acting which is definitely the scariest thing about the movie. Vincent is particularly awful, but she looks pretty damn fine.

The creature is a mixed bag. Pretty effective when its in the shadows shown in flashes, but laughable when its in full view. A ponytail? Seriously? Despite these things, it manages to create a few genuinely creepy moments. The monsters personality is an interesting plot detail, as it helps to separate it from the typical B grade monster movie.

Make no mistake, this is indeed a B movie, but I found it an entertaining and fun one.
October 21, 2010
The monster reminds me of pumpkinhead, jeeper creepers & maybe a couple other monsters rolled into one. A Forest ranger faces off against a mythical creature from (native Indian?) Legend?& Very Predictable. D
February 12, 2008
I can't even fault the acting - it just wasn't terrible enough to subside all of the efforts into making this a fright fest. Wow, I thought this was supposed to be cheesy - if that thing was coming after me, there would be no laughter, trust me...
January 23, 2008
I love Horror movies. It is about a woman has to struggle with demons of own, because of a jeep accident and the demon that is messing with her see her own demon that she is struggling with. I think that is why it is mess with her longger than the others. And she Struggling to get away from the demon before it kill her. Action, suspense, fast moving kept you on the edge of your seat. Even though the reasons of the Demon could have been explained a little better, and the fact that she never read the book. I would like to know about this Demon
½ January 19, 2008
The movie started out slow for like the first 20 mins, then it started getting interesting and really good. This movie was awesome, pretty bad how almost everyone died. that creature thing looked really scary and slimy.
July 8, 2007
This movie was pretty damn good actually- its slow paced though- the monster was actually pretty damn freaky- a mix of creeper and pumpkinhead.
½ May 27, 2007
A horrible script that had tons of potential. The first half of ther movie kept me interested, but when it was time for logic and time for that stupid parrot, I got very annoyed. The acting was less than stellar as well. Skip it!
½ February 7, 2007
This movie wasn't bad, I was actually pleasantly surprised. It takes a while to get going, but it has a lot of character development so you actually care about them. It didn't hurt that Cerina Vincent was smokin' hot either.
October 23, 2012
Lets start out by analyzing this movie in depth... from the case, to the disc, to the movie itself. It Waits... whats with the title? Whose "It"? Does it have a name? It is a little confusing in its own regard, but that adds a little flare of mystery which is a good thing. In fact the case of the DVD itself talks about this creature, gives a little bit of a synopsis, it builds suspense of what this creature looks like. I had some high hopes for this movie, I mean maybe it'd be a gem in a fountain of rocks. Well as I opened up the case, the monster was pictured on the DVD itself which ruined any bit of suspense I had for this thing. I knew what it looked like which took away from the film itself. Now that that mess is out of the way lets get into the movie.
So for plot... well I really couldn't make sense of the plot, in fact I don't even think this movie had one. The monster came from a cave, we are told that it is a Native American evil spirit that has been freed from cave.
This movie really can be summed up into one single sentence. "What was the point of that?" Nothing significant happens, people die without any build up so why should we care? The movie seems rushed as it is under ninety minutes, and nothing really happened.
I gotta give kudos on another review, someone said the African Grey Parrot was the best actor... and he was. I paid the most attention and interest when that little bird was on screen. Its amazing how that bird can talk.
But in short...
This movie seems rushed, has no buildup, the action scenes are boring, the characters have no buildup and make it impossible for the viewer to become attache to them, the monster looks okay but we hardly see it enough, the ending is a joke. But if you love birds I recommend this movie to you, because the parrot really is the best aspect to this film.
However, that's really sad considering this is a horror movie, but if you're not a bird fan steer clear of it.
½ May 28, 2012
A pretty meh movie, but better than your average B-movie, I guess. The African grey parrot is the most talented actor of the film by far.
December 7, 2011

August 31, 2010
It Waits is nothing but a bogged down, tedious and poorly made horror film thats not in the least bit scary or interesting.
½ May 11, 2010
I'll admit, the title is appropriate. You see the film's monster maybe 3 times. The film has the pace of a snail and then BOOM, it's over. The main character is about as terrible as possible in her role. But, on the bright side, the monster is pretty damn cool. So props for that.
March 8, 2009
Extremely long opening to the movie, unnecessary story line. Definitely one of the worst movies I've seen.
½ May 6, 2007
Reasonably suspenseful, appropriatly gory, but it fails to rise above the lower budget horror film average. The acting is better than average, good setting. A lot of cliche's. lacks originality.