Jackass 2.5 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jackass 2.5 Reviews

August 28, 2012
Mediocre film comprising from footage of Jackass 2 is nothing new or funny. The reason this footage didn't make it into the final film was because most of it wasn't funny, and should have been released as a sequel to the second film under the name Jackass 2.5. The stunts in this film are pretty forgettable and not really worth checking out. The first Jackass film was great, the stunts were insane, not too disgusting and actually were pretty original. But with this one, you can see early signs of the Jackass crew starting to lose its touch. As the franchise went on, it became more about gross out stunt than anything and there's nothing here to really give fans of the show any worthwhile viewing experience. I really don't see why this footage wasn't included in the deleted scenes section of the DVD. Released as a film, it's pretty pointless. As the fact that the stunts are very hit and miss, and tend to miss more times than succeed. I think it's too bad. With Jackass 2.5, this was where it got unfunny for me. The third film was decent, but it relied more on gross out humor than anything and it really didn't payoff. Stick with the first Jackass film and view the second film, but go into this one and the third film expecting a hit and miss affair. Jackass 2.5 would have worked better as a collection of extras instead of a release and you can clearly see why many stunts didn't make the second film, which was entertaining and fun.
½ January 2, 2008
Falls a bit short as compared to the hilarity of Jackass 1 and 2, but still very entertaining and fun to watch. I've always been a big fan of the Jackass gang though, so I love pretty much everything they've ever produced. Therefore, my rating for this is to be considered a bit more generous than that of the average joe.
½ April 25, 2010
I think it's more of a lost special features disc than actual movie. It does have some really funny skits, mainly Fat Man King Kong, but I don't think it should have been released separately. That being said, if you love the show and the movies it's completely worthwhile and necessary.
April 28, 2009
They need to stop. What was funny is now old hack which I'm sure fake punk rockers and metal heads will copy to act crazy.
January 28, 2008
Jackass 2.5, for basically being a bunch of extras from Jackass 2 that they could not get in the movie was a great movie.
The only reason I wouldnt give it a 5 like the past two "Jackasses", is because there was SO much talking and not really that much more skits. It was still cool to watch though and preps you up for Jackass 3
Cameron W. Johnson
½ October 14, 2010
Pretty intersting and neat to see both some never-before-seen stunts and behind-the-scenes, even though it did feel alot like a big deleted scenes showcase at points. It was also somewhat underwhelming and ended pretty abruptly, but it was still real fun. Worth checking out.
½ January 31, 2011
I've seen all these and my only question is what insane actuary underwrites the insurance for these films?
March 28, 2008
For pure unadulterated upchuck this was great. I know what the do is terrible but I am addicted.
January 28, 2008
i love these guys and these movies however this was an uneccessary dvd
½ February 6, 2012
Don't waste your time on this Jackass movie. Stick with the whole numbers (especially 1 & 2). Usually there are some pretty crazy, funny, off the wall stunts to start the movie. This one lacked anything 'Wow'-worthy the entire film. Don't waste your time watching. It's basically leftovers that weren't good enough to make it into the 'real' movies. It's a glorified bonus disc.
July 10, 2008
All the shock and awe they couldn't show you in the second movie is made into a one hour documentary on their stunts and some of the moments from the movie. The emphasis on the final gag about the "pube beard" is a bit overdone, but the rest is bone crunching funny.
April 15, 2009
This "movie" would have been a lot better as a Disc 2 for Jackass 2. For them to release this separately is just ridiculous. It had some funny moments, but overall, this is nowhere near as good as the actual movies.
½ March 14, 2009
The most vulgar, hilarious thing I've seen in a loooong time. Can't wait to see the others! Johnny Knoxville is so hot, but he's a retard lol (not literally).
July 31, 2008
thought about buying the dvd to see what was on this, and thank god i didn't...this should have been like an extra disc on the Jackass 2 flick, not enough content to justify a 15-20 buck purchase.
½ May 12, 2008
I liked the interviews. There alot of good bits in here, some didn't work so well, but its still probably better than the first movie.
January 1, 2008
Not as good as "Jackass: Number Two". Then again, they did say this was extra stuff that wasn't in the 2nd one.
March 10, 2008
i love this movie well i love all the movies cuz they have bam margera and steve-o- and johnny knoxville
March 3, 2008
Additional Footage in the EXTRAS section is better then the film itself... until you get to the secion abou WOLFIE... just turn it off at that point.
January 14, 2008
Jackass 2.5 is more like a making-of featurette or a full-length special features DVD-- interviews fill in spots between stunts, and the stunts themselves aren't as funny. You understand why they were cut from the film.
½ January 21, 2008
Basically whatever was left off of part 2 with some explanation of part 2 stunts. Short and not that great.