• R, 1 hr. 19 min.

—— Witches of East End: Season 2

Jackass 3.5 Reviews

Nicki M

December 23, 2011
Stupid boys movie that I never would have picked by choice. Initial tedium gave way to revolted "car crash" viewing, but I certainly wouldn't say I liked it. In particular the idiot who pulls out one of his front teeth and the super gluing to each other. Honestly think these guys are pretty stupid. Yes, they are making money off it, but a lot of this stuff is really dangerous and unhygienic.
Shawn E

July 23, 2011
Similar to Jackass 3D, but with more commentary on the stunts.
CloudStrife84
CloudStrife84

June 14, 2011
Side-splittingly hilarious! This bonus feature is even better than the last one. Not all of it is great (some of the stuff was cut out for a reason after all), but it's definitely the best behind-the-scenes material / deleted scenes footage they've put out so far. I just hope this isn't the last we'll ever see of them, because I just can't get enough of their epically entertaining antics.
Todd S

July 7, 2011
With Jackass, most people know what they're getting by now. What I've always loved about this series is how simplistically genius it is. They seem like a bunch of crazy, drunken idiots, but they actually plan and put a lot of work into each and every stunt. What I like about 3.5 is that for the first time, they really show you what's going on behind the scenes. They show you what it's like to be on the set and what goes into the things they do, with in depth interviews, and behind the scenes footage. They also start to go into a different direction, going from the usual stunts and gross outs to pranks and practical jokes, which are utterly hilarious. This is billed as the direct-to-video extra scenes movie, but it's actually a lot more and I really enjoyed this one a lot more than Jackass 3D.
Blaster1618
Blaster1618

July 6, 2011
About 20-30 minutes too long. Most of the bit need a bit of editing for pacing and punch. Several of the bits that do not work-out ie either funny or gut wrenching they spend too much time talking about why they did not succeed.
moviefan1725
moviefan1725

June 7, 2011
For the second time, Johnny Knoxvillle and the Jackass crew produce a direct-to-video follow up to their theatrical film, on the premise that they had shot enough footage for two movies. Not quite. While this film is leaps and bounds better than the abyssmal Jackass 2.5, don't be fooled into thinking that it's non-stop hijinks. There is a lot of time dedicated to interviewing the Jackasses about how they came up with the gags, and how much they hurt.

As for the stunts and pranks themselves, it's equally hit and miss for the films 85 minute run time. There's quite a bit of funny stuff, but just as much that should've stayed on the cutting room floor. If you've seen Jackass 3D, then you will even have seen a few of these stunts already, as they were added during the closing credits of that movie. Still, I did laugh a good number of times. A particular favorite of mine is the boys making the most of the old "Diet Coke and Mentos" combination in a very small room.

On a side note, it's been speculated many times that several of the Jackass crew are gay. While they deny it, they don't do much to prove the rumors false. They revel in not only showing off their private parts, but not being shy about closely inspecting, and even touching each other. Yes Chris Pontius, we know that you love your penis. Yes Bam Margera, we know you like things shot into your ass. Yes Steve-O, you are a freak of nature, and if you ever come near me or my family, I will have you shot.

So don't go in expecting a gut buster on the level that the movies provided. Instead, this plays out like a very padded up episode of the tv show. Funny, sometimes very funny, but not a gut buster.
tmannamt
June 10, 2011
Standard Jackass fare. Not straight up pranks and jokes like the actual films but a movie with interviews that lead up to them ( if you seen 2.5 then you know ). But still fun to watch if you are a fan.
Jason G.
July 24, 2014
It is what it is. There is artistry here, but it's just not my cup of tea (-20%).
aboccamazzo
July 16, 2014
8/10
A good Jackass .5 Movie. Really funny, Jackass 2.5 was a disapointment, but this one is good
October 24, 2013
Another documentary type of movie, similar to 2.5, but much better. It has the commentary of the cast and crew, it has great stunts, pranks all along, really funny stuff, which was lacking a lot in 2.5. It's the material which was cut from Jackass 3D, but unlike 2.5, here all of those stunts are similarly or equally as good as the 3D. Again, more recommended for the fans of Jackass, especially when it features commentaries, behind the scenes, but for those not that much familiar with the guys, will also have a great, fun time!
August 14, 2013
Feels like you're watching the blooper reel- there's just not that much content.
July 23, 2013
This was the best of all Jackass films. I just can't get enough of these guys!
Charlie L.
March 31, 2013
Fun, entertaining and hilarious, 3.5 still doesn't live up to the brilliance of Jackass 2 or 3.
January 22, 2013
It may not be as good as jackass 3 but i am giving it 5 stars b/c its that last movie with Ryan Dunn. R.I.P you awesome daredevil you.
December 9, 2012
It's the insane stuff that your parents have warned you to not try at home, added with commentary and silly stunts that will leave you laughing.
November 25, 2012
A great jackass film with some stunts that should have made the feature.
August 22, 2012
Its a nice addition to Jackass 3D it was funny
filmhipster.com
July 30, 2012
Pure raunchness...a passable inclusion into the Jackass family.
January 6, 2012
It was what I expected it to be.