Jacked Up

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Jacked Up Reviews

Boob
May 26, 2006
[font=Arial]It's been a busy week. This journal gets updated like work gets done on the new Wembley...[/font]
[font=Arial][/font]
[font=Arial]I couldn't rate Gnarls Barkley's Crazy as a song - annoying. I was watching Top of the Pops the other day, broadcast live from a festival in Dundee, I think. I was really moved by Crazy live. Great stuff. Not too sure about the rest of the album, though.[/font]
[font=Arial][/font]
[font=Arial]I was given a copy of Neil Young's Living With War to review for some publications, so it isn't going to happen here. But, I'm immensely disappointed. Mostly rubbish. America the Beautiful at the end made me picture Young and Friends hiding out in a bomb shelter listening to a phonograph while the planes dive overhead. This image lasted longer than it took Young to record Living With War. (My concerns about this album are not limited to the narcoleptic monkey on drums and some shoddy production...)[/font]
[font=Arial][/font]
[font=Arial]On to some films: Still Crazy - what is it about films starring Billy Connolly? The Man Who Sued God at least tried to steer clear of the Stereotypical Scot idea, but ended up capitulating through lack of consistent scriptwriting and backbone. Still Crazy is a complete waste of Stephen Rea and Connolly. Bill Nighy was the real standout here.[/font]
[font=Arial][/font]
[font=Arial]Jacked Up was a waste of time, but included a very funny line that went, "Man, you getting all up in my cir-cum-fer-ence..."[/font]
[font=Arial][/font]
[font=Arial]Romy and Michele got on exercise bikes and bounced around. Ergo, this film gets a 6 (also because I think it made me laugh the very first time I saw it).[/font]