62% The Maze Runner Sep 19

87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Jackie Robinson Story Reviews

February 3, 2012
"The Jackie Robinson Story" falls flat in comparison to most other baseball films out there, fictional or non-fictional. I respect the fact that Jackie Robinson played himself in the lead role, but that is the only reason that I gave this movie a chance. It does feel a bit gimmicky since his acting is expectedly below Hollywood standards and this definitely seemed more like a made-for-tv movie than something that people paid to see in the theaters. His story is an amazing one, but it feels very rushed with its 76-minute runtime. This film is an important preservation of history and the racism that our country once faced, but if I were recommending a baseball film, this wouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as "Pride of the Yankees" or "Field of Dreams."
December 11, 2007
Very good story about Robinson (who plays himself) breaking into Major League Baseball. Begs for a good remake.
April 18, 2013
Hokey but in the best possible way. This is a good old-fashioned American movie about America's pastime's role in the American Dream. Powerful stuff.
April 6, 2013
I wish I could bring the Dodgers back to Brooklynn and give them that intimate home time feel back to Brooklynn Sincerely Sgt. Mark Braden
Four Star Film Fan
February 5, 2013
I have to appreciate this film because it made an effort to tell this incredible story with the only actor who could do it justice and that would be Jackie Robinson himself. The film is not extraordinary (I prefer The Pride of the Yankees) but nevertheless it is important all the same because of what number 42 did for baseball and american society. He is a true hero who deserves recognition and he is close to my heart as a Dodger. I am hopeful that 42 will be a respectable adaption of his story because Jackie Robinson deserves it.
Lee G.
October 13, 2012
Jackie Robinson playing himself is what most critics say benefits the movie. I happen to think the opposite. If I were portraying myself in a movie, I'd never want to do it in such a pathetic manner, whether it was true or not.