Jinxed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jinxed Reviews

September 6, 2010
I caught this on TV one night, I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be funny or not, but it wasn't funny if it was trying to be. It's mostly pretty boring, and not much happens.
April 5, 2009
Poor Bette after such a great start with the "Rose" she got stuck with this stinker where the best thing where the details of behind the camera's fight with the director and her co star. Jinxed it is
November 11, 2007
Not a great film, but I enjoyed Bette Midler. She lifted the film up a few notches. It's an unusual venture for director Don Siegel. Ken Wahl is miscast and bland.
April 6, 2007
Get out the popcorn and get your friends together for this one. Jinxed is the funny and cute story about a "jinxed" blackjack dealer Willie (Ken Wahl --HOT!!) who is being followed from job to job by a gambler (Rip Torn) and his wife (Midler), as they make money off him! Naturaly, Willie can't keep a job, until one day he meets up with Midler and they have some steamy love scenes and they fall in love. One problem--her husband is a possessive, abusive low-life who won't allow her to leave him. So Midler and Willie devise a scheme to murder her husband and run off together with his life insurance policy and gambling winnings! Not all goes according to plan, and there are some big surprises and laughs along the way.

This is one of those movies where everything is quite absurd, but lovable and fun just the same. The plot is actually quite clever and the performances are very good. Just a light, funny, so-bad-its-good movie that would be entertaining to just about anyone. Yeah, it was a flop, but that's part of its charm. Lighten up and enjoy it!
½ May 26, 2015
A total cinematic fail.
June 30, 2014
As a Bette fan I had to see it. It was okay. Thank heavens Disney picked her up in a 5/6 picture deal & saved her so we could enjoy her for many years to come. This flick would have been better, straight to VHS.
May 28, 2013
Loved this movie, and I am ready to see it again. Funny, funny, funny
December 9, 2012
Not funny as much as it's excuse for Bette milder to sing, dance, and be herself.
½ May 13, 2012
Jinxed is the funny and cute story.
December 18, 2011
Cameo by Kathryn Kates - she's amazing!
November 22, 2011
You should watch this movie if you want to see Rip Torn in various states of undress. If you are like a normal person, and are not into that, you could probably just skip it. They don't even let Bette sing.
May 15, 2011
this movie is popular to bash (as we can see) but i think largely by people who wanna show how hip and intellectual they are ... this movie is actually pretty good (if you can ignore the pronouncements of your sycophantic type friends and ''''''erudite''''''' Critics.
September 6, 2010
½ August 10, 2010
Jinxed is the funny and cute story.
June 16, 2010
Too much Rip Torn and not enough 1980s Reno and South Lake Tahoe. The Stateline skyline, Sand Harbor, and the Heavenly Tram, about two years before it was replaced, make solid appearances. I believe all the gambling scenes were filmed on the floor Harrah's Tahoe. Bette Midler was amusing, but her acting was difficult to interpret at times. The feil is definitely professionally made but it's a good thing nobody remembers this film because it is a bit of a sour note to retire on for Don Siegel.
January 3, 2010
the film that jinxed her for years to come. It would be wrong motto want toknow what everyone thinks is so bad about it.
April 5, 2009
January 19, 2009
Possibly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. But Bette Midler has her moments of comic genius...and she gets to sing an Early-80's disco song at the end appropriately titled "Jinxed!" Catch it on Encore because I think its out of print.