Jinxed

90% Outlander: Season 1

Jinxed Reviews

AJ V

September 6, 2010
I caught this on TV one night, I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be funny or not, but it wasn't funny if it was trying to be. It's mostly pretty boring, and not much happens.
latinorick71
April 5, 2009
Poor Bette after such a great start with the "Rose" she got stuck with this stinker where the best thing where the details of behind the camera's fight with the director and her co star. Jinxed it is
alh1965
April 6, 2007
Get out the popcorn and get your friends together for this one. Jinxed is the funny and cute story about a "jinxed" blackjack dealer Willie (Ken Wahl --HOT!!) who is being followed from job to job by a gambler (Rip Torn) and his wife (Midler), as they make money off him! Naturaly, Willie can't keep a job, until one day he meets up with Midler and they have some steamy love scenes and they fall in love. One problem--her husband is a possessive, abusive low-life who won't allow her to leave him. So Midler and Willie devise a scheme to murder her husband and run off together with his life insurance policy and gambling winnings! Not all goes according to plan, and there are some big surprises and laughs along the way.

This is one of those movies where everything is quite absurd, but lovable and fun just the same. The plot is actually quite clever and the performances are very good. Just a light, funny, so-bad-its-good movie that would be entertaining to just about anyone. Yeah, it was a flop, but that's part of its charm. Lighten up and enjoy it!
June 30, 2014
As a Bette fan I had to see it. It was okay. Thank heavens Disney picked her up in a 5/6 picture deal & saved her so we could enjoy her for many years to come. This flick would have been better, straight to VHS.
May 28, 2013
Loved this movie, and I am ready to see it again. Funny, funny, funny
May 15, 2011
this movie is popular to bash (as we can see) but i think largely by people who wanna show how hip and intellectual they are ... this movie is actually pretty good (if you can ignore the pronouncements of your sycophantic type friends and ''''''erudite''''''' Critics.
jazza923
November 11, 2007
Not a great film, but I enjoyed Bette Midler. She lifted the film up a few notches. It's an unusual venture for director Don Siegel. Ken Wahl is miscast and bland.