Johnny Got His Gun Reviews

½ March 25, 2009
Amazing performance and much more coherent than the acid trip '71 film. If you like the book see this version.
April 20, 2010
I saw this film in Reading, PA at the GoggleWorks Theatre. That was over 3 weeks ago and the film has stuck with me all this time. First of all, Ben McKenzie (Yes, the guy from the O.C) is absolutely wonderful in this film. For an actor to be alone on screen for 77 minutes with just a camera, a bench and a chair takes alot of courage. WOW! If you are an actor, just this alone will blow you away. And this is a task that not just any actor could pull off. Granted the words of Dalton Trumbo are incredible and the direction was very very good. To make a performance of a one person piece this good and on film that was adapted from a play from the novel is incredible. The lighting was incredible too. Hats off to all involved in this small, but very important film. I am looking forward to seeing it on DVD or VOD when it comes out. Also seems like it would work well on PBS. SEE THIS FILM. :)