Johnny Was - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Johnny Was Reviews

August 24, 2008
In general, interesting story about a guy who wants to leave his past with an Irish separatist organization. Interesting characters and good acting all around.
½ September 9, 2007
I really liked it.. but I can't watch it without falling asleep for some reason.. Interesting little indie..
October 19, 2011
alright movie, great soundtrack
½ May 21, 2010
So the only reason I wanted to see this was because of Samantha Mumba. I didn't have high hopes for it, but then again didn't really know what it was going to be about. While it wasn't a bad film I just wasn't that interested in it being mostly about drugs and gang wars which don't really interest me. Fairly good acting, but the storyline was a little dull. Overall I can see why some people would like it, but a film that just wasn't for me, but it was nice seeing Sam on screen again :)
½ June 21, 2009
The action can't really replace the stupidiy of the story. The acting is somewhat b rated and the action at that also ain't all that but i would be lieing if i said that this movie completely sucked. It was a fun movie but towards the end it did seem a little outplayed. Decent but was expecting more i guess
½ July 17, 2008
Fast paced, entertaining action flick. Not much of a story, but it has a nice mix of plots.