Jumpin' Jack Flash Reviews

½ May 27, 2011
A Hitchcock plot, that is very good. But the screenplay don't help. Too silly to be good.
Chiefilms
½ September 3, 2009
Whoopi!! Not really that funny. She needs eyebrows.
½ August 10, 2006
A fun spy comedy, with a typical 80?s feel to it. Whoopi Goldberg is her usual overtalking fun self and the film makes for easy watching.
July 6, 2009
I figure if I saw a film and the only thing I remember about it was that I saw it, I couldn't have been very impressed.
April 25, 2008
Whoopi is funny in this flick which is funny but really close to being an action flick.
thmtsang
July 21, 2007
Whoopi has to help a spy via computer.
garyX
½ May 11, 2007
Yet another woeful outing for Whoopi, this time a "comedy" spy film. She's a one trick pony, and the projects she chose to get involved with are uniformly awful. Don't bother.
sanjurosamurai
½ January 25, 2007
decent whoopi flick
deano
November 21, 2006
Good comic spy caper with Whoopi Goldberg the programmer getting messages from an agent on her terminal.
xxdebxx
April 24, 2010
This is a hilarious movie about a bank employee who loves to play around with her computer and chat with people from different countries which often get her in trouble with her boss. One day she comes into contact with a mysterious British Intelligence agent who calls himself "Jumpin' Jack Flash" who seems to be great danger. Terry tries to help her new friend out - but by doing so puts her own life in danger and this places bad guy Jeremy Talbot (John Wood) on her tail and gets her into a whole lot of hilarious trouble!! I found it funny and entertaining; Whoopi Goldberg puts in a great performance and the rest of the cast work well together.

"Earl, look at this face. This is the face of a woman on the edge." "I know, my wife has that same face."
June 6, 2009
A nostalgic classic that I'd happily re-watch. I especially loved the ITV-censored version, replete with bizarre english-accented dubbing of "freaking" over Goldberg's "fucking". "Not the crotch!!"
February 14, 2008
meh....
½ November 4, 2013
Whoopi Goldberg is a computer transaction person at a bank, who gets roped into a spy plot when she is IM'd by some stranger who names himself after Rolling Stones tunes, and asks her to vaguely help him with some problem he may be having. It is a decent concept actually, sort of like a modern (for the 80s) Hitchcock tale, but the problem is that the script has been written to be too comedic, I guess to highlight Whoopi's skills...but she is capable of much more than being a jokester (she has a fucking Oscar)...and there are ons of horribly ADR'd lines that explain in dialogue what we can all easily see on screen. Show not tell jerks! It also goes on long past it's welcome. I was surprised to see this was the directorial debut of Penny Marshall, who directed some pretty good movies in "Big" and "A League of Their Own".
½ September 26, 2009
Such a fun movie! I loved the story, although there have been similar movies, this is totally 80s, and has action and comedy too. Plus there were so many great actors popping up all over the place unexpectedly. I have to say I loved it, even though I hadn't been a Whoopi fan before.
March 17, 2010
I love this movie. It is so funny and Whoopi is great. I especially love when she is in her penguin slippers dancing like Jagger. Such a great movie.
½ September 22, 2009
There is no logical reason I should have enjoyed this movie as much as I did, but I found it fun and entertaining. The story is far fetched, downright ridiculous at times, but Whoopi's charm and talent somehow pulls it off.
½ October 24, 2008
i may be one of thirteen people that love this film. whoopi goldberg never fails to make me laugh out loud as terry doolittle. while i think they could have found someone like timothy dalton to play jack, that's a minor point. goldberg was very smart to do this after 'color purple' because it showed her versatility.
July 9, 2008
Spy caper about a cool banker who is given a secret item that puts her in trouble with a spy ring. Fun but fluffy.
October 6, 2007
CLASSIC Whoopi Goldberg movie ever made! Whoopi plays a ordinary woman that works at a bank and begins to fall into a world of ICA & JGB.
Wild and crazy, Whoopi begins to her adventure screaming histarically, and even sings along with the Stones and Dixie Chicks.
October 25, 2007
Sorry, regardless of what everyone else thinks I find this movie to be quite hilarious. Even though the language in this movie is horrible...still love it. The scene where she is in the phone booth cracks me up every time lol.