Juwanna Mann Reviews

LWOODS04
December 11, 2009
This movie was funny, but really had no point at all. Just a silly movie for when you wanna laugh I guess.
xxdebxx
November 3, 2010
Miguel A. Nunez plays Jamal Jeffries, a NBA bad boy whose court antics are so outrageous; he gets booted out the league so he decides to dress as a woman and join the WNBA. To his surprise, he makes it but ends up starting to fall for his teammate, Michelle (played by Vivica A. Fox.) The rest of the movie is hilarious fun. Miguel A. Nunez JR. does great as Jamal Jeffries/Juwanna Mann and does a brilliant job of imitating a woman. The movie is kind of predictable though but it has some funny moments and some cute parts.
iLeo
February 4, 2008
Hilarious! Miguel A. Nunez Jr. is fantastic. This movie leaves you laughing hard. Ginuwine does a guest appearance, a pretty interesting role.
January 15, 2011
Your standard "jerk finds his humanity through identification with an Other" formula comedy. In this case, the Other is a female--which is usually a recipe for disaster unless the jerk is Dustin Hoffman.

I let this run as background noise after another movie ended, and was surprised to find myself watching it and even laughing a few times. I can't recommend spending money on a rental, but if it comes on cable you could do worse.
½ June 4, 2010
Definitely one of the strangest movies...If you make the object of your affection think they are gay, it can't end well in real life. this movie bordered on the retarded..."
½ March 20, 2007
this movie is so funny and he did any thing to get back on the court but this is really fun-e you should see it love it!
July 16, 2006
Wow, nice idea but not to good of movie. I dont think this made it to the big screen did it. Yeah not good enough.
May 4, 2015
This is a great movie. Tommy Davidson (Puff Smokey Smoke) is hilarious. "JuWANNA!!!" "Watch the wings" I really like this movie.
September 2, 2014
found this an enjoyable escape almost slapstick stylee movie. less budget and more enjoyable than over budget mis-hits from the world of Holly woo!!
July 28, 2014
Save a few jokes, this is a pretty weak film. But I' didn't have much from beginning.
July 1, 2014
All I can say is I liked Tommy Davidson in this.
½ June 19, 2014
This movie is horrible. When it tries to be funny, it's not. When it tries to be serious, it is funny. everything goes wrong with this movie, especially since we've seen this premise many times before.
May 3, 2014
All time classic movie
½ April 14, 2014
Bring me young boys and tuna...
½ December 31, 2012
"Juwanna Mann" does its best, but the premise has been done to death and that makes the movie predictable. From the beginning of the movie you'll be able to pretty accurately predict what's going to happen and most of the jokes. There's going to be a shower scene where *gasp* "Jamal" will hardly be able to keep his composure when the female players get naked, he'll develop feelings for his rival team member but because of the deception he won't be able to tell her anything and when he inevitably does, there's going to be a big dramatic falling out, he'll be uncomfortable getting hit on by sleazy men and maybe, just maybe he'll learn the true spirit of playing basketball by getting in touch with his feminine side. Sure, there are some laughs here and there but the characters are flat (there is one character that turns out to be an adulterer, but not only does the film give them no character development so we don't really care, but this revelation comes out of nowhere just to solve a lame romantic subplot), the jokes are juvenile (flying fake boobs being a prime example) and it's not even so bad that it becomes fun to tear apart. If the film had gone crazier or just had the guts to try something way out there or be more non-sensical it could have been a stand out in the genre but it's just another mediocre entry that has its moments and a couple of laughs. It's just a mediocre cross dressing movie with a few moments but nothing new to offer and that doesn't really make it worth your time. (VHS, December 28, 2012)
November 15, 2011
A funny comedy, with a creative idea. It is really cheesey though.
½ August 23, 2011
Silly film but there are some funny moments. Don't expect an awesome film, just a way to let your brain relax and laugh foolishly.
ka
March 4, 2011
Short reviews are best when you're ashamed you've enjoyed a terrible movie... I'd watch it again!
February 19, 2011
This is a definite guilty pleasure for me. It's in no way a good movie, but at the same time there are a good bit of parts that made me laugh. So it has some moments, they're just in a bad movie.
½ November 5, 2010
This movie isn't all that bad, it's not a masterpiece by any means, and I don't know if i would recommend it but it if you see on TV and nothing else is on, tune in, you may be suprised, the acting is okay, and some of the jokes aren't terrible, some parts of this movie are overplayed and a little cliche but this movie has some merit and is somewhat enjoyable