Kicking It Reviews

August 9, 2010
This is an interesting subject for a documentary, and while it isn?t THE MOST interesting thing out there, and starts off terribly meek, it isn?t bad when you get all the way through. It helps if you have any interest in football/soccer. But it becomes more of a character piece very quickly. However, I think this is the case of real life events letting the filmmakers down. There wasn?t too much build up for suspense and the people that you would naturally take more of an interest in don?t factor too much into the end results.

However, this is a well made documentary that does fall into the sports doc category. Colin Farrell narrates and shows his face for the bookends. And I may have missed it, but there didn?t seem to be a message in connection with the FIFA World Cup in South Africa. Still, decent.
½ May 29, 2009
Reality check for the homeless and addicts. Also enlightens what humanity is all about. Many choices are given and taken.
½ January 2, 2009
Football is one of the only sports I can stand to watch for long periods of time so my appreciation for this film is immediately furthered by its subject. The fact that these men are homeless yet get to participate for the Homeless World Cup is really inspiring. Some of the stories are terribly sad, but the good feelings are there too.