91% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

79% Penny Dreadful: Season 1
84% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1

A Kid in Aladdin's Palace Reviews

January 14, 2013
I've never seen this film's now infamous predecessor A Kid In King Arthur's Court, but this follow-up is a very dismal family film. Most of the time it felt like I was watching a crappy slapstick and fart-joken laden comedy with an annoying dipshit protagonist who wasn't likable at all (Though the other characters aren't much of an improvement, to say the least). This film also has a poorly written storyline, terrible special effects (I've seen more convincing effects in films as far back as the 1920's. No really, these are among the worst special effects I've ever seen), the action scenes are nothing more than crappy slapstick gags, the humor is awful, and it's also just a really boring film overall. However, there is a bright spot in this terrible mess, and that is the fantastic musical score which without it, the film would have been a hell of a lot worse to sit through. However, I felt somewhat sad listening to such a beautiful score knowing that it was being wasted on such an awful film. Just don't watch this film, it's not worth it.
starlett2005
March 31, 2007
What a train wreck. I was forced to watch this film under circumstances that I'd rather not repeat here. Everything was wrong with it; the story was predictable, special effects were the worst I've seen in 90's film, the princess didn't look like she'd ever been to the Middle East, and who could forget cheesy hang glider scene?