63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

Take a Hard Ride (Kid Vengeance) Reviews

bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

February 16, 2014
Another Movie From the Mill Creek Mean Guns Twenty Pack. Like most movies from Mill Creek the video quality was very poor. But where can you get 20 movies for $5.99. This movie has about as many different names as it has people in the movie. When the spaghetti western genre died in Italy, spaghetti western star Lee Van Cleef went to Israel and made a couple of westerns there, "God's Gun" and "Kid Vengeance", which I just watched. It's a pretty cheap-looking affair - producers Menahem Golan and Yoram Globus were pinching pennies even back then. But despite the low budget, the movie is surprisingly involving. It's surprisingly grim, with Van Cleef making a great villain. Surprisingly, a lot of the grimness comes from Leif Garrett, who you may not believe is quite good as an innocent youth who is so traumatized by the murder of his parents that he starts to hunt down and kill (in sometimes brutal ways) the gang members responsible. Jim Brown is also good in a sympathetic role, one that refreshingly doesn't make his race an issue. Maybe this isn't a fabulous western, but if you are a fan of European westerns, chances are you'll find this kosher western very entertaining. 3 Stars 2-14-14
deane28
September 5, 2004
God I hate this film. That sort of grape juice on a white carpet, dried out ketchup on a ketchup bottle, strawberry jam on your jeans, melted chocolate on your best white dress shirt sort of hate. That ants on your kitchen counter, broken spring in your mattress, alternating cold and hot water from your shower type of hate. That 405 traffic at 5 in the afternoon, erratic driver on a cell phone type of hate. So you get my point I hope. I hate this film. The plot is stupid and boring. [color=#333333]The plot is so stupid. And it has Jim Brown, yes, former Cleveland Browns running back Jim Brown, the guy who's acting is sooo bad he had no dialogue in a few films, saving the day. Sigh.[/color]