Kill a Dragon Reviews

October 2, 2012
Thanks, little tiger, for showing your claws.

A small group of Chinese villagers hire a mercenary and his friends to take down a ruthless group of gangsters. The mercenary is reluctant to help at first but he's so down on his money he can't refuse their request. The gangster has more men, more resources, and little weakness...but our American hero will find a way to bring him down.

"All the broads talk about is guys and all the guys talk about is broads. You're welcomed company. At least all you talk about is money."

Michael Moore, director of Mister Deathman, Buckskin, An Eye for an Eye, and The Fastest Guitar Alive, delivers Kill a Dragon. The storyline for this picture is fairly straightforward for the action genre. The action scenes are below average and the acting is fairly weak. The cast includes Jack Palance, Fernando Lamas, Aldo Ray, and Don Knight.

"You've never seen how I take what I want."

I came across this film while scrolling through Turner Classic Movie (TCM) upcoming features. I loved the plot and felt the film had potential. Unfortunately, the acting is fairly poor and the action scenes are just okay. The lines aren't particularly well delivered and other than female pool shark little impressed me about this film. I recommend skipping this picture.

"Man cannot succeed without trying."

Grade: C-