• PG-13, 1 hr. 46 min.

Kinky Boots Reviews

Bathsheba Monk
Bathsheba Monk

February 17, 2014
The ecstatic dance Lola does in the beginning of this movie is so uplifting the movie could've ended there as far I'm concerned. But the rest of the story is worth sticking around for too.
Cynthia S

May 14, 2013
Based on an actual fetishism boot and shoe factory in England. Not sure why it took me 8 yrs. to catch this movie that I have heard so much about, but I am sorry now that it did. I found this a charming, perfectly delightful movie. It was fun, the acting was very good, and just totally enjoyable! Now it is a stage musical? Would LOVE to see it! :)
Nicki M

January 20, 2008
Just a nice little film. Won't change any ones life, and will probably have forgotten it five minutes after you've seen it, but not bad to watch to kill an hour and a half.
The cast were fine, the plot is slight and the drag queen and the shoes steal the show.
Anthony L

May 7, 2010
The idea was good, I actually remember watching the documentary in which it was based but unfortunately the message got very repetitive, the story got very predictable and the cliches came thick and fast. The acting was horrible too!
Megan S

March 7, 2010
It was cute, it could have definitely been better. I think that it had the potential to be a great comedy but I'm not sure if the director really made up his mind about what kind of movie he wanted to make. The story was certainly intriguing especially since it's based on a true story.
Luke B

July 2, 2008
A shoe company owner goes to extreme measures to save the company. Will it work? Will he learn a valuable lesson? Will there be a romantic sub-plot? Will they make it to the Milan shoe festival? This is pretty much The Full Monty 2. It follows the exact same patterns, with loved ones hammering down the young hero for his ridiculous ideas. Ejiofor is of course amazing, avoiding cliche and making a heartfelt and moving performance. A lot of the film seems dull in comparison, apart from the unexplainably dramatic score, I thought the lost ark was about to be raided or the Jedi's would return at any moment. The film may have worked better as a more whimsical farce despite being based on a true story. Funny? Yes. But painfully predictable, especially the soundtrack. "These boots are made for walking"? "It's a Mans World" they're all here.
mwilliams078
mwilliams078

March 9, 2008
This an inspiring movie that tells you no matter who you are there is a place for you. The music and this film Kinky Boots will make you walk away happy that people despite differences can live and respect one another.....a nice thought. All I have to say is...YOU WORK IT!!! lol
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

October 8, 2007
it was ok had funny bits
Keysha H

September 4, 2007
So..Chiwetel is not the best looking cross dresser. But this is a heart felt film, and an interesting story line to talk about acceptance.
Emily A

July 15, 2007
You can tell that the people who made this really cared about it and the 'labour of love' vibe really comes through. It's genuinely funny and with enough pathos to ground it and make it relateable. It made me a huge fan of Chitwetel Ejiofor.
Sophie B

June 18, 2007
Some good laughs, not too bad. Not a regularly watchable film, however.
Red L

March 10, 2007
Feel good movie. Dealing with saving a business, prejudice, love.
Sylvester K

July 12, 2012
A feel good comedy drama that deserves a praise. The fact that it was based on a true story was surprising!! Loved the actors and the realistic portrayal of drag queens without any sexual elements. It's not your typical kinda film, but the subtext of telling the audience to be who you are and everyone can change the world made it interesting to watch
Blaster1618
Blaster1618

September 11, 2010
A story based on the similar basis for all peoples whether the son of a shoe maker or a drag queen. There are several moment in this movie where it has a chance to jump to the next level, but it veers back toward the well beaten path. A heart-string puller with minimal payout in the end
Jason R

August 19, 2010
Every now and then here in the States we get a feel-good comedy from across the pond, and Kinky Boots joins that group. Really enjoyed the movie!
Janice :

December 16, 2007
Great film!
Patrick D

September 16, 2007
This is a great movie. It's totally over-dramatic and romantic comedy but it's a good one.
Kevin M

July 23, 2007
I don't ordinarily watch films that revolve around gay citylife or drag performances, but I'm actually impressed with this one.
Having seen Edgerton and Ejiofor in other incredible films, I found their roles were performed perfectly in this feature.
I'm very glad to know this is a true story, with some truly cheerful and heartfelt moments.
I'm 100% straight and would recommend this. :)
IF you aren't comfortable in your own sexuality (homophobic or simply religiously closed-minded) to watch this kind of film, I feel sorry for you.
FanGirl
FanGirl

September 3, 2006
A completely charming film. Chiwetel Ejiofor looks fabulous as Lola.