Kisna: The Warrior Poet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kisna: The Warrior Poet Reviews

iLeo
December 23, 2008
Here is an intriguing movie about family, commitment, and love. Kisna is bound by duties and responsibilities, where he diligently trains alongside his brother and uncle. He also devotes his time to teaching and music, and loves to write verses. Aside from being a devoted son, brother, and nephew, he also loved his childhood friend, Katherine. Along with his father, young Kisna cared for the horses on the land stead belonging to Katherine's father. The two were inseparable until a certain act followed by anger and hatred, she is then sent away to London. Years later, she returns and still maintains a strong love for Kisna. This upsets Luxmi, who is set upon marrying Kisna. A raid upon her home sets her off to seek his help, and he vows to get her safely away. The two then set off on an adventure that changes them completely, and strengthens their love. Great cast- Vivek Oberoi, Antonia Bernath, Om Puri, Amrish Puri, Sushmita Sen, Hrishitaa Bhatt, Isha Sharvani. Great musical score by my favorite artist, A.R. Rahman. Great song: My wish comes true. Stunning performance by Sushmita Sen. Definitely worthy!
February 12, 2016
The best movie ever made..true love does exist
May 30, 2014
Some of the box office failures are gud movies ... since "hit" movie demands a fix formula !
November 26, 2011
I have not seen the movie but it looks nice and interesting, I hope to see it soon :)
½ June 1, 2008
Surprisingly enjoyable movie. Ridiculously longer than necessary to get the point across. Songs were average. I was hoping they added more to the symbolism that I assume they were trying to make. I think there may have been something there, but it wasn't completely brought out.
November 25, 2009
Complete waste of time, extremely poor production.
May 10, 2007
the music Wow
this movie overal is mind blowin!
for the obvious reasons
May 4, 2009
A Damn Good Movie. Without a doubt.
iLeo
December 23, 2008
February 3, 2009
This is a visually powerful film! What in my house we call 'paisajosa' meaning from Spanish 'with much scenery' or many landscapes. That one aspect of the movie deserves most of the stars, because it is superb! the acting I thought was very good; the music excellent and meaningful, along with the dialogues which were all good. It is fascinating to me reading between lines when it comes to Bollywood analysis. For example, this obsession with childhood friends who fall in love in adulthood; getting engaged to someone else; and living your life loving the absent lover... That I have to say is rather common notion in Indian movies. Fights were probably the weakest aspect of the movie, as well as the bad ones, who are always very very bad, versus the good ones, who are always even godly... Something interesting is the way female characters enable the protagonist to be the hero: the mother of the British girl defies her husband for Kisna; the British girl loves Kisna; Kisna's mother assigns him the righteous mission; the wife of Kisna's friend shows real Indian friendship to the British; the powerful Kathak dancer saves Kisna from death; Kisna's fiancee awaits for him diligently... overall it is a great production with powerful South Asian identity messages and celebration of culture!
½ July 27, 2007
Vivek's acting and his look was good. The story is good. songs are amazing and cinematography is just plain beautiful.

I love this movie. It's a beautiful romantic movie. I was strongly impressed by Antonia Bernath's Hindi. I recommend this movie.
August 3, 2008
India's history is fascinating the movie is very well done too! 8/10
½ August 3, 2008
the storyline went so smooth that was worth watching.
½ May 29, 2007
consider me mad, but sushmita sen's dance # is what i liked best
April 26, 2008
A deeply moving film that'll stay with you for a long time
½ April 25, 2008
Good performnance of vivek
beautiful songs!
but not enougth deep for me
½ April 6, 2008
It's your typical "Romeo And Juliet" story with an Indian guy and British girl replacing the star-crossed lovers.

This is the only "Bollywood" movie I've seen, so I don't know what to compare it to... but the acting was pretty good, and I recognised Om Puri from East Is East. And I thought Antonia Bernath rattled off some convincing Hindi.

The title's a bit misleading though!! For a warrior poet I can only remember a handful of poems and even less fights.
½ March 24, 2008
The first ever Bollywood film for me. It was quite an experience, though I was a bit (unpleasantly) surprised at how much Western influence is found in the music.
December 31, 2007
As always A. R. Rehman did a masterpiece... Film was ok..performance was great...
December 27, 2007
The movie is so beautiful. The story is really good, teaches an important lesson. Vivek played his role very well and I loved his fencing and the way he did horse riding.