Knick Knack

Knick Knack Reviews

deano
deano

September 10, 2009
This animated short directed John Lasseter is a pretty impressive early film from the Pixar studio. It gives you a chuckle as the disgruntled snowman struggles to get out of his snow globe to hang with the knick-knack ladies of Hawaii and Atlantis. It looks great and is inventive. The ending gives me the biggest laugh, but before that there are quite some funny moments.
Anthony L

February 20, 2008
Adorable!!!!!!!!
Steven V

July 7, 2009
Knick Knack starts with a couple of souvenirs taken from vacation in Florida. We see some palm trees dancing and a beach bunny dancing on a nice little tune. Then we take a look at the other end of the table. A souvenir from Alaska, a snowman in a glass dome, wants to join the hot party and especially the hot girl. He tries to break the glass of the dome in any way possible. This animated short directed John Lasseter, who is director of the movie Toy Story and A Bug's Life, is a pretty impressive early movie from the Pixar studio. It looks great and is inventive. The ending gives us the biggest laugh, but before that there are quite some funny moments.
Anthony V

July 18, 2008
Another fun Pixar short film.
timoncjm
November 29, 2013
It was a very cute and really great Pixar animated short. It had really great animation, lots of laughs, really great visuals, very great music, great characters and a great story. It's one of the best Pixar animated shorts ever created. I've seen this short movie before "Finding Nemo." I highly recommend this short movie to both kids and adults.
kenscheck
January 2, 2012
Knick Knack is about a Snowglobe who wants to hang with the beach vacation kick knacks, but feels left out. It is a funny short film, I'm not entirely sure what new techniques or technologies were utilized to expand on the CG tech used to make Pixar films in this one...but thats not knocking it, I'm sure something new happened technologically, but this short will always be good because its story is entertaining and endures. It is the last short film Pixar made before Toy Story, luckily they decided to continue making shorts to showcase new techniques or new artists.
February 14, 2010
Here's another film I'll rate for its quality and not for its role in advancing the medium. "Knick Knack" stretches one unfunny joke over four minutes. Hey wait a minute - isn't that what Pixar continues to do to this day only over longer periods of time? On that basis, I have to recommend it over the likes of "Shrek 2" merely because it is simply a waste of less time.
August 9, 2009
Cute Pixar short film...The snowman can't get out of the snowglobe. He finally does, but lands in a fishbowl only to have the snowglobe fall on him again. You can see the animation getting better in this one, then going forward.
June 14, 2014
A 3D animated short that's now quarter of a century old thats cool.
BTW this movie is cute and really good for its time
Hiago  S.
August 4, 2012
Lovely characters, an interesting story and an enormous humor strenght.
April 23, 2012
Pretty genius, yet sad. Very well done. I loved how cute but depressed the snowman looked. 4/5
June 24, 2011
One of Pixar's funniest efforts to date.
PetrosTser
June 2, 2011
"Knick Knack" is occasionally funny, but too simple - and a long way from "Toy Story".
Reclaimer
October 18, 2010
The Best of the Old Pixar Shorts. It's very funny, entertaining and has a cool and sympathic Main Character. The Story about a Snowman who wants to break out of his Jar is just hilarious with a funny ending. The Animations are good too.