34% The Other Woman Apr 25

—— The Soul Man: Season 3
—— Suburgatory: Season 3

Knock on Wood Reviews

December 19, 2012
This is a movie that I had at home since I was little, and had to see for personal reasons. I've already seen some of the scenes before, and I particularly thought that the bit with the ballet was very funny, but I didn't know anything about the plot. Overall it's a pretty standard comedy with musical bits in it. It's very well done and the singing and dancing is very well performed (and with standards that are completely different from today, when these kind of performances had to be done very well to be even considered worth a movie). I find Danny Kaye a little silly sometimes, specially when he feigns the "guy in love" and acts all silly and distracted, and some of the things are too slapstick for me, like the scene were he tries to turn on the car, but still very funny for the most part of it. The plot is ridiculously absurd and a little stupid, but is more than enough for a comedy, and it even adds a little to it. The ballet scene is, as I correctly remembered it, hilarious and very well timed and performed, and it's the high point of the film. A very good and light comedy, worth seeing.
August 10, 2012
In "Knock on Wood" Kaye yet again carries the film. His wonderful singing, dancing, and quick-wit make a fairly ridiculous plot plausible and a generic movie enjoyable. It does not hit the heights of the wonderful "Court Jester" but remains one of Kaye's better performances, finding a spot more near "The Inspector General." Some scenes will leave you in hysterical laughter, others with a smile, but a laugh and good time (as usual) are guaranteed by Danny Kaye.
March 6, 2011
Funny, standard fare by the always amusing and very talented Danny Kaye. Nice spy farce, which allows Danny Kaye to sing, dance, and use his awesome comic skills as only he can. Highly recommended for a fun film outing.