62% The Maze Runner Sep 19

Knucklehead Reviews

jjnxn
jjnxn

May 11, 2013
Nowhere near a good movie but it's sweet natured in its way.
LWOODS04
LWOODS04

February 4, 2012
Cast: Mark Feuerstein, Melora Hardin, Paul Wight, Dennis Farina, Rebecca Creskoff, Bobb'e J. Thompson, Will Patton, Saul Rubinek, Wendie Malick, Kurt Doss, Raziel Jordan, Lurie Poston

Director: Michael W. Watkins

Summary: Drowning in gambling debts to his bookie, Memphis (Dennis Farina), former mixed martial arts champ Eddie (Mark Feuerstein) starts training gentle giant Walter (The Big Show) for a high-stakes fighting competition with a $100,000 grand prize that would solve all of their problems.

My Thoughts: "Another wrestler film that failed. Honestly, it wasn't like I didn't know It wasn't going to be that when I started it. The concept was as ridiculous as most of the acting was. There was bits that were laughable. But what you end up with is a somewhat funny predictable film with a semi watchable cast. Not much else to say about this train wreck."
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

February 21, 2011
A Knock Out Comedy

The movie and the story is kinda likable but it's really cheezy, predictable and not funny. I knew exactly what to expect from this movie and got just that.

KNUCKLEHEAD follows con artist Eddie Sullivan (Mark Feuerstein), who, after incurring a large debt with a local bookie (Dennis Farina), creates a get-rich-quick scheme by enlisting a sweet gentle giant named Walter (Paul The Big Show Wight) as his unwitting accomplice. Walter's orphanage - the only home hes ever known - also needs funds desperately. Upon overhearing Walters predicament, Eddie convinces the no-nonsense head nun, Sister Francesca (Wendie Malick), that Walter can win the money as a fighter and pay off the church's debts. Eddies plan: travel from town to town with Walter and enter small, unsanctioned fighting competitions for prize money. Sister Francesca dispatches Mary (Melora Hardin) as a chaperone for both Walter and the money and gives Eddie a week - and a prayer - to make it happen. During their journey across the south to the annual Pro-Am MMA tournament in New Orleans, Walter discovers what life is like outside the orphanage, while Eddie becomes morally conflicted over whether to take all the loot for himself or keep his promise to Walter, the one person he can actually call a friend.
SC007
SC007

March 15, 2013
Huge misfire. The film needed a major rewrite and another director. They had a good idea for a film but didn't execute it correctly. The film is kind of like movies like Nacho Libre, Billy Madison, and Here Comes the Boom. Those film are better than this one. Too many fart jokes. The scene on the bus was the funniest scene in the film. The film is also too predictable.

The Big Show was great in The Waterboy and Jingle All the Way. He needs better material than this. All the other actors must have been paid a lot to be in the film. They all seem to have done the film for a huge paycheck.
October 19, 2010
it may not be great but it has laugh and it is fun to see The Big Show in some of the no fight scene of the film
SafetySecond222
January 8, 2011
When the movie started I was a bit impatient and bored with its attempts at being funny, it was funny from time to time.

But as the story went on, the characters grew on me, and it turned out to be a pretty fun movie.
shawndeeds
January 7, 2011
I've always enjoyed a good family comedy with a good solid story about doing the right thing and a good happy ending. And Knucklehead did just that. I honestly might not have checked out this movie had it not been for the great cast, most of which I have enjoyed in other things before. First and foremost, I absolutely love The Big Show! He seems like one of the nicest, most down to earth giants in the world, whether he is pounding on people in the ring or playing it cool on film or tv. I however, am probably one of the few people who actually like watching professional wrestlers in movies. Anyway, aside from him, I also happen to enjoy a little tv show called "Royal Pains" on the USA Network, which happenes to star Mark Feuerstein, the other start of this here movie. Mark plays Eddie Sullivan, a former fighter, turned boxing manager who owes some money to a con-artist named Memphis Earl, played by the amazing Dennis Farina. Mark promises Earl that he has a fighter who can win a big MMA tournament happening in New Orleans in just two weeks. If his fighter wins, then Earl will get paid and Eddie will get to keep on living. The only problem that Eddie faces is he doesn't actually have a fighter. Eddie doesn't know what to do, so he goes to a local church and preys. He asks the Good Lord above to send him a sign of what to do. Just then, the giant Walter Krunk (The Big Show) comes bursting through a stained glass window after getting shoved by the head Nun, Sister Francesca (Wendie Malick). Walter has just recently let a room become engulfed in flames that caused several thousand dollars of damage to the orphanage portion of the church. Oh, and did I mention that Walter is a 30-something year old orphan who still lives at the orphanage! As you can imagine, Sister Francesca has had it with Walter and his damaging ways and Eddie has just set his sights on his next prized fighter. Promising that Walter will get half of the purse from winning the tournament, he agrees to go with Eddie. Mary (Melora Hardin), herself a former orphan, who nows works there, goes along for the ride as a chaparone. The movie then turns into an on-the-road adventure as the trio of misfits encounter everything from a broken down bus, stomach issues on a Greyhound, crazy truck drivers, bears, motorcycle gangs and an assortment of amature fighters, backyard wrestlers, and an underground Hasidic boxing league! The three bond over all the zaney moments they are put into or forced into and when they finally get to New Orleans, Earl has a big surprise in for them that will force them to either trust each other or turn against each other. Knucklehead was co-written by legendary screenwriter Adam Rifkin (The Chase, Small Soldiers, Zoom, Underdog) and directed by renowned tv director Michael W. Watkins. Amongst the main stars, the film also features memorable cameos by Saul Rubinek (The Unforgiven), Bobb'e J. Thompson (Role Models) and the always great Will Patton (playing Eddie's father), who all help make this a very very fun movie!
Blake S.
September 15, 2014
Watched it twice, loved it twice.

Very good comedy. Lots of laughs, entertaining for the whole family. Characters are great, as is the plot. The only criticism I would leave is that the storyline became a bit predictable, but otherwise, it was quite good.
June 26, 2014
It's rubbish but who cares?
November 23, 2013
Goodhearted but silly family comedy. Melora Hardin is always good, as is Dennis Farina, but they cannot bear the weight of this anchor around their necks. Extended and repeated fart humor gets old. So do endless balls jokes. Small children may enjoy this despite itself.
July 17, 2013
For a WWE film it wasn't all that bad. But it wasn't all that good either. It just didn't hold my attention.
Charlie L.
March 11, 2013
Silly, stupid, and horribly scripted, Kuncklehead does, however, of some entertaining sequences.
March 5, 2013
This movie was so bad, I could not stop watching it. The best line of the movie is, "Nun up!".
August 23, 2012
Pretty cheesy, but a fun film to watch with the whole family. Really funny alongside a kinda overused idea.
August 7, 2012
It only made roughly 8000 dollars,a big failure
February 17, 2011
This is straight up the worst movie I've ever seen.
March 10, 2012
For what it was, it's a nice little comedy and a nice easy watch
November 27, 2011
Easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Not even worth writing anything further than that.
David M.