Koi... Mil Gaya (I Found Someone) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Koi... Mil Gaya (I Found Someone) Reviews

January 28, 2012
This was just silly....and oddly like E.T. (but in a not so great way)
ScoopOnline
December 19, 2009
Shame on you Bollywood! This was the obvious stolen Idea of the E.T. Original Idea from the Master of the Movies Steven Spielberg.
½ January 30, 2009
In second half of the movie, is a scene, in which Rohit Mehra is participating in dance competition. His last four attempts, to dance with vigor and compassion have failed, he is down on ground. Every one around him is yelling at him to give up, even his heartthrob says "Give it up, you can't do it". He is adamant, says standing up, "no, I can do it, give me one more chance, start the music". And he makes it happen, in the movie, at least. But, is it going to happen in real life, is Rakesh Roshan found in sci-fi movie with a liberal dose of comedy and action, that elusive hit for Hrithik Roshan. With Koi... Mil Gaya, director Rakesh Roshan has proved two things. One, he truly can give Hrithik Roshan a role to chew into and two, it takes guts and gumption to make a really 'different' movie within the commercials parameters of filmmaking. Koi... Mil Gaya is an immensely enjoyable movie. The special effects may come across as child''s play and Jadoo may look like a small child disguised as an alien but it still manages to touch your heart. The movie gives many reasons to smile. First and foremost, it looks very fresh, including the freshly scrubbed Preity Zinta. The breathtaking locales of Nainital and Canada provide ample visual relief. The cinematography by Ravi Chandran and Sameer Arya is awesome. The music by Rajesh Roshan though not in the league of Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai is still hummable, especially the title track and the superbly choreographed Idhar Chala number. The dialogues by Javed Siddiqui (some of the lines actually bring a lump in the throat) and the screenplay (Sachin Bhowmick, Honey Irani, Robin Bhatt and Rakesh Roshan) too are above average. Last but not the least, Koi... Mil Gaya sees some wonderful performances by Rekha, Preity Zinta and Mukesh Rishi. And of course, Hrithik Roshan who lends his all to Rohit Mehra. It''s very obvious that Hrithik Roshan has enjoyed playing the mentally-challenged-boy-transformed into-your-regular-hero immensely. He plays the character without any inhibitions and succeeds in involving you in his life. Your heart really goes out to Rohit Mehra.
iLeo
½ February 15, 2008
Here's an interesting movie that holds a bit of interest, and it centralizes on the decency of humanity and its nature when an alien encounter occurs in a mountainside town. Rohit Mehra is an adult on the outside but the only difference that sets him apart from others is that his mind is that of a child's. It is an injury that he had sustained in the womb. He befriends Jaadoo (an alien from another world) and Nisha (a newcomer), and the three embark on an adventure of fun with Rohit's school friends. It is the town bully that consistently troubles the group, and this further brings attention to Rohit's friend Jaadoo. Great cast- Hrithik Roshan, Preity Zinta, Rekha, and Johnny Lever. Definitely worth seeing.
October 16, 2010
Just a drama fantasy movie that has a decent story that reminds me of E.T the action is short but sweet like the dance scenes and the rescue scene and the escape scene, still worthy of the story and the action.
½ June 23, 2007
Soo, its a combination of ET, Flowers for algernon and The absent minded professor...
the Alien FX are ok, but the basic (forgot to edit the ramps out of the shot) Fx bit the big one... poor editing...
February 17, 2008
i liked this film quite a bit, i thought it a little stupid witht the whole e.t. and the mentally chalenged bit, but hrithik did an amazing job of playing a convincing character.(hmm) the sequel is better. the drama was the usual. waaaay overdone and hilarious, but as far as hindi movies go, it was cute. the best part was when hrithik wouldnt give up the alien, im sorry dude but that was more funny than sad. i liked preity though, she did a good job.
September 4, 2007
Unintentionally hilarious. If I ever encounter an alien, as a result of this movie, I intend to lure it onto my side via odd singing and use it to cheat in basketball matches against people using broken, sterotypical, english.
½ July 2, 2007
This movie is excellent. The characters are awesome, Hrithrik is wonderful in this movie. The beauty of Canada and India really makes this a move worth seeing...
½ May 7, 2007
Although it has the feel of a kiddish movie, it isn't, this is a great movie, Hrithiks acting is badass and very believeable.. this was like my second BW to ever see... I was used to american movies where... lets just say when I realized how different these are I loved them.
April 22, 2007
Hrithik Roshan looks ok, any ways he still looks good for a retarted kid!! this is a kool movie!!!! luv it!!!
February 12, 2007
Very Cute! Rohit is such an adorable character! I like the sequal better, but this one' s good too.
January 4, 2015
FAVORITE BOLLYWOOD MOVIE! HANDS DOWN
August 18, 2014
I can't believe I'm giving this movie this high of a rating and I won't pretend like everyone should sit down and watch it. First off, it's Bollywood, so if you're not used to Bollywood this may or may not be the film to break you in. The rating is because the film actually endears the characters to you and has a handful of powerful moments. But most and I mean MOST of this movie is poorly edited, shot, conceived, acted, scored, everything. It's 10 genres in one with dancing, singing, fights, drama, comedy, sports, aliens, etc. It's a student project with A-list actors and a mega budget including lots of wardrobe, locations and rain. It's strange though but with all of the "what is going on" and "this is so bad" there is a story underneath that does reach you at times. So if you have three hours and are REALLY curious, you could watch this because you may get something out of it. But I won't be surprised if you fast forward through most of it or turn it off and complain that I made it sound better than it is. But I don't want to be a hater.
½ December 4, 2013
Watched it recently !!!
Its a science - fiction outrageous movie ........ love it <3
November 12, 2013
?????? ? (???? ??????? ???????? ?????????) ''??????? ?.?.'' ?????? ?? ??????? ??? ??? ???? ????? ?? ??? ????? ?? ???????? ??????? ?????? ?? ????, ???? ?????????????? ?????? ?? ?????? ??? ????? ????? ????? ?????????????????, ?? ??????? ????????? (?????? ??? ??? Hrithik Roshan ??? ?????? ??? ????????????? ????????????) ??? ????? ??????????. ??????? ??? ??? ??????? ??? ?????????? ?? ?????? ???? ? ????????? ?? ?? ?????? ???? ?? ?? ???????, ??????? ??????????? ????????? ??? ???????????????? ?????? ???? ??????? ???? ????...
½ June 10, 2013
A developmentally disabled young man tries to continue the work his father did in communicating with extra-terrestrials from outer space, which leads to something miraculous and wonderful.
½ May 31, 2013
It was a decent film. Idk who's idea they tried to rip but they made it look good.
½ May 17, 2013
Have I lost my mind - this has got to be the cheesiest pile of kak I have ever seen, almost - it is quite literally the WORST sci- fi movie out there - a kind of cheesy, Bollywood ET ripoff. Yet it has incredibly ratings in IDMB and Rotten tomatoes (which I will never trust again incidentally) - I can only think that the entire Indian subcontinent voted this film to five stars. I kept thinking "ah..... this will be like duck till dawn and suddenly transform from a badly produced b-movie into an amazing SCi fi movie the callibre of Cloud Atlas" but not it didnt and 3 hrs later i wondered how I got duped into watching it.
March 18, 2013