K-PAX Reviews

½ October 2, 2011
A different sci-fi, w/o the waterfall of FX from Industrial Light and Magic, about a psychiatrist (Bridges) faced with a man (Spacey) claiming to be from outer space. It has its flaws, but I still enjoyed it and the questions it presents. It's interesting, as well, to see Bridges (who played the spaceman/Christ figure in John Carpenter's iconic film, Starman) now play the foil for Spacey (who actually simply does a variation of what Bridges did before)(cocks head and looks up as if listening to someone ... God?).
FiLmCrAzY
September 29, 2007
Whats right with this movie, is that its beautifully written, well acted, and very beautifully scripted and captured. I like the premise of the movie and although its slow going and your not really sure what happens at the end but you come to some conclusions.
A nice enough movie but not fantastic!
March 22, 2009
Just about as much watchable as avoidable. An average sci-fi flick IMO.
MeetMeinMontauk
½ May 24, 2009
Science fiction based on reality is never good.
September 22, 2009
A bit daft but it's inoffensive entertainment.
arashxak
½ July 11, 2008
Wow, I expected K-PAX to be a typical Sci-fi but this great movie surprised me, Highly recommended
Chiefilms
March 1, 2008
The movie was great but it would have been better if Jeff Bridges played the Dude and was still a psychiatrist.
February 13, 2007
Had Kevin Spacey or Jeff Bridges not been in this film, maybe I wouldn't have watched it, however the theory to the story is an interesting one and leaves you wondering two options, the believable and the unbelievable.
January 8, 2008
The casting works well in this one and the story is good. In the end you will have to make up your own mind on some things that happen.
November 6, 2007
Is he mental or is he really from the planet K-Pax? You'll enjoy trying to find out.
½ August 13, 2007
Well is or is he not from K-PAX?
thmtsang
½ July 14, 2007
You really want to belive Kevin's character. Great story.
June 30, 2007
A story about faith and belief without any proof; I sensed some logical and religious undertones. Prot from planet K-PAX (Kevin Spacey) was a seemingly disturbed and determined individual. I liked the ambiguity of it all, so you could scream for either way. I didn't like the dull hospital setting, and how they treated Prot. Jeff Bridges was the Doctor trying to understand it all. Something like this could really happen; I believed. But I wasn't too enlightened or entertained.
½ February 12, 2007
Wish I had seen this movie sooner. I would compare it with Identity.
½ November 20, 2006
Not bad, not great.
½ November 7, 2006
Wonderfully cute...
December 16, 2013
Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges lead the cast in the psychological drama K-PAX. The story follows a psychiatric patient named Prot who believes that he's an alien from the planet K-PAX, and despite his psychiatrist's best efforts Prot proves to be remarkably convincing. The film does an especially good job at keeping the story ambiguous, which allows for several interpretations. Additionally, both Spacey and Bridges deliver excellent performances and have great chemistry together. K-PAX is a smart, well-crafted film with an intriguing mystery.
June 13, 2012
Not quite as engrossing as Gene Brewer's book in which the movie is based, but Charles Leavitt's script is still compelling and interesting to watch. K-Pax is not rocket science, nor does it ever try to be. It is nothing more than a character study, and at this, the film thrives. Iain Softley's direction is top notch, and the entire film is carried off the magnificent performances of Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges. I found the film to be warm, and at the same time, funny. There is even a bit of drama sprinkled throughout, and Iain Softley slowly allows the story to unfold. This process makes the film more compelling than sugar coating the plot all at once. All these ingredients make for a unique film, unlike anything I have ever really seen before. That, in and of itself, is worth a recommendation. But with Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges you should not need any other motivation to see this fantastic film.
stevetheman1236
½ August 15, 2011
Great performances from Bridges and Spacey. Not at all a bad film, despite the 41 percent approval rating.
May 28, 2011
a great, one flew over the cuckoo's nest like story that you will feel that it has spirit. A