La Terra trema Reviews

jimbotender jimbotender
August 28, 2008
Black and white films used to prevent us several times from actually noticing the underlying notes.The incredible fact is..Terra Trema must be one of the openly,politically charged emeralds of film-making.The fishermen are nothing more but pawns of the system,the all-seeing machine.
Brian S ½ May 20, 2009
I would have enjoyed this film a lot more if it were shorter. the story was well-conceived, the acting was convincing (especially for non-actors), and certain elements of dialogue and cinematography were very touching and poetic. the pacing, however, was very slow and the overall film is just very depressing. I understand how that contributes to Visconti's neorealist vision, but I think it just dragged on a bit too long.
Jaime R September 14, 2014
"La Terra trema" is director Luchino Visconti at his very best.
Martin S October 18, 2012
Van dos veces y podria volverla a ver.... cuantas veces sea necesaria.
Toshikazu O ½ July 5, 2012
True vision of real life of real Scilian fishermen.
Stefanos T January 21, 2011
It's a rather long and arduous film but it provides great insight into the poor lives of the fishermen. It's so evocative, it made me wanna join Marxism. Although, I am not sure what that even means.
UKnowImRight UKnowImRight May 6, 2010
One of the biggest exponents of the italian neorealism,being surpassed only by Bicycle Thieves,in the same year.
robo robo January 16, 2005
Very evocative movie especially considering that none of the cast are professional actors. Good story. Great insight into a society we normally don't see. A very honest film.