Ladybugs Reviews

jjnxn jjnxn
½ August 23, 2007
Rodney is funny but stick with Back to School to see him at his best.
Jason S
February 26, 2007
Not bad but not original at all.
sanjurosamurai sanjurosamurai
½ January 26, 2007
goofy
Todd S
May 5, 2007
We all have our own guilty pleasure, most of them we never admit to, however I will admit one now. I have loved this movie ever since I was a kid. Now that I've watched it as an adult, I can admit that it is one terrible movie, but it still had me laughing as hard as I did when I was 10 years old. In Ladybugs, Rodney Dangerfield plays a salesman who is asked to coach his company sponsored, girls soccer team, but he had no idea what he was in for. The other coaches are ruthless, the parents are insane, and worst of all his team is terrible, so what is a comedian to do? He gets his girlfriends, athletic, 14 year old son to dress up as a girl and join the team. The son is played by teen heartthrob Jonathan Brandis, who I became a huge fan of during the show Seaquest DSV. Brandis was absolutely hysterical as the teenage son, playing a teenage daughter. Some of his lines, along with his interactions with Dangerfield are pure comic genius. As for Dangerfield, while he was a legendary stand-up comedian, he was a terrible actor. The next logical step for a great stand-up comic is acting, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and while Dangerfield has some pretty funny lines, he is one of the worst acting comedians I have ever seen. The story here is a unique and interesting one, in a context that is most definitely not meant for younger kids. There are some funny lines and more laughs to be had at the ridiculousness of the situation, but besides that, this is not a great movie. I gave it an even rating, but when it comes to this film, I am biased by my admiration for the late Jonathan Brandis and my fondness for this film I have loved, since my childhood.
Lee K
July 10, 2009
Love Rodney Dangerfield to death and this is a cute movie and still pulls out breathless laughs at times. Dangerfield is known for his r rated at times humour but rest assured this is a family affair.
iLeo iLeo
½ December 19, 2007
Hilarious!
VultureVault VultureVault April 18, 2014
This was one of my childhood oddities. It was one of those films I remember watching a lot as a kid. Simply because Rodney Dangerfield was in it and because it had a very goofy premise. The whole film is rather ridiculous and desperate, but Rodney is able to hold the film well with his classic witty one-liners. Sadly the movie fails tremendously due to it's slightly creepy edge that pertains to having a boy dress up as a girl in order to help a fledgling soccer team regain it's former glory. Still it has it's moments of Dangerfield inspired humor. Except if you're looking for some of his naughty stuff I'd suggest checking out Meet Wally Sparks or My 5 Wives.
muveeKween muveeKween ½ April 15, 2012
Chester was a babe when she took off those glasses and let her hair loose. Not one of my favorite Rodney Dangerfield movies.
Christopher S February 12, 2012
One of the dumbest films I have ever seen but also a guilty pleasure. Rodney Dangerfield was a comic genius and he was perfect as Chester Lee. The directing left much to be desired and overall acting was horrible. That also goes for former teen idol Jonathan Brandis, who should have won every Razzie for his role as Matthew/Martha. Trust me, only Dustin Hoffman and a select few can pull off the cross dressing in films and get away with it. Dangerfield keeps the film with laughter all by himself. However, if the film is reliant on one liners and a comic genius for box office appeal, it rarely ever works out and Ladybugs is no exception.
SavageLucy42 SavageLucy42 ½ February 25, 2009
Okay so this movie is not great but I have to share this story. Half a dozen or so years ago me, mom, and my brothers visited her friends in Florida. And Debbie (mom's friend)'s husband kept watching this movie on HBO or whatever and told us about it like four times. Like this was THE FUNNIEST MOVIE EVER MADE.
gt1kidd2008 gt1kidd2008 July 25, 2008
jonathan plays a girl name martha on his soon to be step fathers soccer team the lady bugs
very funny movie rated pg strong words
David L May 5, 2008
I saw this more times as a kid then I care to admit. Every time it rained during PE, they would play this, Little Giants, The Sandlot, or The Mighty Ducks 2.
sinistergurl21 sinistergurl21 November 10, 2007
this was one of my favorite movies when i was little... what can i say i was big on soccer! but now i think this movie is very anti-female and misogynistic.
MovieGuruDude72 MovieGuruDude72 ½ May 22, 2007
Came at the height of Rodney's late 80s popularity. Was probably the beginning of the end. A very lame movie.
pattergr pattergr March 14, 2007
This is such a cute film, even with Dangerfield cast as the annoying coach. Ladybugs has been recently co-opted and remixed into She's All That. But the thing is, it isn't all THAT funny. If you want to see some pre-pubescent drag in the name of sports, watch Ladybugs and not some ripoff.
poohtc98 poohtc98 January 18, 2007
jonathan brandis is my all time favorite actor..may he forever rest in peace..this is also a very funny movie
richardcardellioni richardcardellioni November 14, 2006
Has a few good laughs, but never seemed to let Dangerfield free to do what made him so funny in the first place. Still a cute cuddley family film.
JustJess116 JustJess116 October 2, 2006
I love Jonathan Brandis..Awww so sad he died so young. This movie is quirky but its funny. Alot like She's the man.
Private U August 29, 2014
This is a fun family movie. One you can turn your brain off and enjoy
Andrew S July 16, 2014