Lake Placid 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lake Placid 2 Reviews

bbcfloridabound
November 15, 2013
So I got into the Lake Placid Kick, figured I would rent all 4 movies and sit back and enjoy. After seeing the first one I thought I am in for some great movie times and laughts. The first one was great and thats where it stops. Lake Placid 2 An unnecessary and useless sequel to the self-mocking and campy comedy/horror Lake Placid. Not one of the original cast signed on for this dog, a very good decision on their part. Well, the baby crocodiles you see in the closing of the other movie apparently have grown up, and now have decided to pick up where their parents left off, and eat lots of people.

John Schneider is the sheriff, and just grins a lot. Cloris Leachman reprises Betty White's nut job (as her sister), but without the funny lines. A big game hunter with grenade launchers fails to match Oliver Platt's role, and the Bridgette Fonda look-alike also does nothing. Sheriff John has summertime custody of a poor actor teen son, in order to introduce some annoying cardboard cutout screaming teens. Since Croc Jr. seems to have an appetite for annoying cardboard cutout screaming teens, you quickly realize what their function to the story is, and you find yourself rooting for the croc to eat them as soon as possible. There's one idiotic scene, apparently ripped off from the 3 Stooges, where a croc victim is talking while the creature behind him waits patiently for him to shut up, before devouring him.
Nothing interesting happens. Really a bad movie, that fails at both horror and comedy. All it does is waste your time 1 Star 11 -12-13
½ January 2, 2011
Just awful. Totally non-sensical, poorly made and mostly boring.
May 29, 2008
After the timid and tedious Black Water this was the exact shot of Croc needed to lift spirits. Essentially a remake of the original with all the hilarious banter replaced with hilariously bad CGI and acting. It's a pleasant waste of time, the sort of film you laugh at and enjoy laughing at. There are a few glaring mistakes in the script and a bizarre rabbit sub-plot or something but hell there's also plenty of senseless kills and many boobies.
puffchunk
½ February 25, 2008
Pretty terrible, but I was in the mood for killer crocodiles. The film makers must have known it was bad, because the DVD actually has a feature where you can watch the movie where they fast forward to all the nudity, death scenes and one-liners.
thefog1331
February 12, 2008
Lake Flaccid 2 is nothing more than typical SciFi Channel garbage with the worst CG I've seen since...well since the last SciFi Channel movie.
January 27, 2008
An even lower budget sequel to the cult original. Very poor acting and dialogue but the worst part is the ropey CGI effects! If you like cheesey B movie horrors that turn out to be quite funny you might enjoy this, similar to Frankenfish, Crocodile.
deano
January 2, 2008
This sequel of giant crocodiles is boring and not very scary enough to me as well as the CGI of the big ugly creatures look poorly and lots of mistake in the scenes. What a waste!
½ February 2, 2008
Don't bother...wasn't worth the film it was produced on. Cloris Leachman shouln't have even bothered even identifying herself as the sister of Betty White....Ew! Low and BELOW budget cheaply made...
spaulsson
½ July 9, 2008
Crap.
½ August 2, 2012
For a B horror movie, it had all of the necessary elements: Obvious CG, topless secondary characters (two scenes, three models!), cute female leads (that usually DON'T get naked).
November 14, 2011
Cloris Leachman's zany sister to Betty White's character from the first Lake Placid saves this from being a total bust... but it's still not very good.
½ November 5, 2008
Everything that was great about the original Lake Placid is gone... replaced by awfulness that would make the SyFy channel programming department cry in agony.
½ June 25, 2011
Caught this on TV today...definitely not as good as the first, which was only pretty good...but this second one still has some lively entertainment, and also includes bad acting and extremely stupid people....I must be in a gigantic crocodile mood to give it 2 1/2 stars ;)
March 11, 2010
better then the original but there was only computer crock in it in the first Stan Winston did the robots in it. and there is unrated verison
November 30, 2008
could have done a lot better than this on the script... sometimes it is best that they keep some of the same crew from originals...
½ September 15, 2008
First things first: things thing won`t let me give it zero stars...but well. I usually save my comments for those movies which I consider great, I never comment on bad movies. HOWEVER, this one wasn`t just bad, it was catastrophically horrendous, a disaster of epic proportions.
Who said that "Lake Placid" needed a sequel in the first place?????
Now let's get into the movie...The most obvious thing being the CGI. What the hell was that? Did they have a budget of 100 $ or what? Because those damn crocs looked awfully bad. It is a 2007 "movie" and I guess it has 80's like quality effects. The worst is when the crocs have to interact with the cast (*eat them*).You never get to see the deaths.....which are all lame and utterly predictable by the way.
Then you have the acting. Saying that it was laughable would be an understatement! And calling the actors wooden would be an insult to wood! I have never seen such bad acting in any movie ever! I mean, Britney in Crossroad was Oscar material compared to this! And it is incredible, becuase the acting isn`t generally bad, it is consistently pathetic throughout the whole "movie" (I am taking chances calling it a movie).
You find yourself constantly cheering for the crocs to kill all them and save us from the travesty of their acting. It is so bad that I laughed really hard and it kept me engaged just to see if the next scene could be worse than the one preceding it. And believe me it never gets any better nor has any redeeming qualities...
The action is particularly bad as well, also predictable and dead BOOOORING! You always saw it all coming, you said :"Hey here he dies" and damn right, that guy died in that precise moment! Those are obvious things but then there are things that are not obvious but they are so stupidly out of place that you could have never predicted them, which is even worse.
The script I am sure is 1 page long....I mean, someone was dying and 2 minutes later they were making jokes and kept going with their lives...and they even made jokes of the dead guys....
I think the director truly has an evil mind, or he made a pact with the devil to bring torment to us. I mean, many would prefer hell before having to sit through this movie for the hour and a half it lasts. It is painful to see, and I would recommend to see this movie just to show the world what you should never do in a movie.
I think I have extended myself way much more than this piece of crap deserves....it is surely the worst movie I've ever see. But words are not enough, it has to be seen to be believed.
Go see it.......if you dare......
½ August 20, 2008
christ...now it did get one fucking thing right the first one didnt have alota killing....but fuck....at least it had saving moments!!!!! i mean yes i did expect BAD cgi since after its a direct to video monster movie but did it really need to go the way it did?! just...sucky....and not the good kind where you laugh like the first...just the bad kind....
½ August 19, 2008
Now speaking for everyone the first Lake Placid was no were near being good, but this piece of chum just pushes the envelope on bad movie sequels to bad originals. Were to start? The CGI in this movie is painfull to anyone who has seen any of the Jurrassic Park movies. Eye come on the crocodiles in this movie look like a childs oversized float thingy. The actors only make you cheer for the cheesey animated crocodiles to devour the anoying characters. Well at least for all the main characters except for one who at least gives an actual performance. Eye don't know his name because eye didn't stick for the end credits. the character i'm talking about is that foriegn guy that is the assistant of the hunter guy. the only redeeming scenes in the movie were the ones with him in it. Example he kills a thirty foot long crocodile with only a pick-axe. And he is in a scene were he tells the actual story on how he got his scars in a surprisingly touching scene. He tragically dies at the jaws of another fake looking crocodile. So yeah other than that this movie flat out sucks.
July 13, 2008
I have always been a fan of movies like this, and I enjoyed the first film. However, this sequel was incredibly dull and pointless.

The only good thing about this movie was Sadie, the old lady. She was hilariously grumpy, and I found it funny how she named the crocodiles. Other than that, I can't think of anything that would make this movie worth watching.
½ July 5, 2008
What makes the first movie so memorable was that the cast had a great chemistry and there were some really good lines in this one. This movie did not have the great cast, good lines or did it seem to have chemistry. Some of the actors acted if this was a high school play. Also, let's talk about bad voice overs.