97% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Last Dinosaur (Kyokutei tankensen Pora-Bora) Reviews

November 24, 2010
Directed by Alexander Grasshoff/Shusei Kotani and staring Richard Boone, Joan Van Ark, Masumi Sekiya, Tetsu Nakamura,

Eirin Rating PG-12

Both joint Japanese's/American production that has its flaws but I really did like it. To me it's slightly underrated that's needs more then what it has. I also watched another movie like this called The land unknown witch is very similar.

Science has announced the discovery of a lost land hidden inside the warm pocket of a dormant volcano under the polar ice cap. Masten Thrust, a billionaire oil tycoon and big-game hunter, is recruited to lead a team there to study the last living dinosaurs. Upon arriving, Thrust and his team find that the hidden world is populated with both dinosaurs and prehistoric humans. While the humans give the explorers a fair bit of trouble, the real danger is the hungry tyrannosaur intent on making lunch out of the Great White Hunter and his crew.

75% for storey like I said it has some flaws but I liked it.

70% for acting I think both Japanese's and Americans are good despite some errors. The subtitles are okay there hard to see though.

60% for special effects, Stop motion is old today but it looked fantastic in the 70s and before but in this they went with the Godzilla approach with men in dinosaur suits. Looked good in Carnosaur but that was also made up of other things.

70% for characters, there is some things on them but enough.

80% for everything else still looks good and this was one of the first to be shot in a 90mm camera to get the wide shots.

Anyone who likes dinosaur films like me see it.

Keiko's score 74-100
Stephen B. Roxbury
May 2, 2013
A Must See, Claymation Dinosaur by Rankin Bass, ie..Rudolp Rednosed Raindeer and Mad Monster Party...
March 11, 2012
Silly and cheesy, but fun. The dinosaurs look hilarious but the story is actually pretty decent and the characters are alright. It's not a great film, but I do like it and wouldn't mind seeing it again.

November 24, 2010

Eirin Rating PG-12

75% for storey like I said it has some flaws but I liked it.

70% for characters, there is some things on them but enough.

Anyone who likes dinosaur films like me see it.

Keiko's score 74-100