35% The Other Woman Apr 25

—— Suburgatory: Season 3

The Late Shift Reviews

t h o m !

February 4, 2012
The source material far exceeds this depiction that comes off more like a bad morning news dramatization. Those truly interested in the rich history of late night would be better off reading Bill Carter's book and other existing texts.
Lee K

July 18, 2009
Surfing the ole satelite stations I came across this and boy, I'm glad i did fantastic little t.v. movie about the wars for former late night king Johnny Carson' seat. I didn't really realize that the t.v. business was so cut throat but then again I'm not surprised either. Enter the two combatants Jay Leno played with less conviction by Daniel Roebuck and David Lettermen played quite briiliantly by John Michael Higgins . We watch as them and their list of agents and what not do battle, now if you feel that watching some old grumpy t.v. execs argue would be a snoozefest think again, this actually is what makes the flick. Expecially an over the top performance by the always great Kathy Bates as Leno's ill fated manager Helen Kushnick, her lines throughout and how she handles her male coworkers is priceless at times, making me think even though the real Helen Kushnick passed away untimely sometime in '95 that she must've been a force to reckon with. Needless to say this is a movie worth catching.
LittleMissBloodAndGuts
February 7, 2009
OK, I am adding this movie to my Hollywood Confidential list, even though it's not about a crime. It's about how David Letterman cam to leave NBC for CBS, and it's really interesting and well done.

Now someone needs to make a movie about how NBC tricked Conan into breaking his contract, so they could replace him with Jimmy Fallon. Oh you think all of that happened the way NBC says it did? Now who's being naive?
February 14, 2009
did a straight forward job of telling what happened I always thought it was gonna get ugly between the two and it really didn't I've got a newfound respect for the both of them, if it's all true that is
October 23, 2011
I learned a lot about Jay Leno and David Letterman through this film.