Latter Days Reviews

November 18, 2008
I like it overall, but a lot of cheesy stereotypes. Acting is mediocre at best. Reminder how the less open-minded think. The higher rating comes simply from a couple scenes that still makes my heart melt and beat faster.
½ August 27, 2009
It's just a lukewarm film, a by-the-numbers romantic drama about people from utterly different worlds that happen to fall in love. I give props for the included "twist" and depictions of "homosexual reformation" facilities that we all KNOW exist and are utilized by the Mormon church. Some very nice bits of secondary character acting by Erik Palladino as the AIDS patient and Joseph Gordon Levitt as an overly everything-that-isn't-Mormon-phobic missionary.

"Hot Gay Sex" commentary: this reluctantly makes the list. makes the list because there is certainly gay sex happening here. Reluctant because, as my gay boyfriend said, "we don't know who topped/bottomed". Plenty of shapely buttocks, though.
½ June 4, 2007
My sister bought this on DVD so I decided to watch it with her without knowing much about it besides it's gay subject matter.

I'm glad I did because it turned out to be a poignant, insightful, and very original film with a wealth of strong performances and a tight script.
May 7, 2008
Had potential, but (thanks to reenforcing horrible stereo types) it ended up being just another gay themed movie.
March 26, 2007
interesting characters and story with good acting and Jacqueline Bisset too!
½ July 3, 2011
I liked that the two central characters do have actual fears and concerns about their awkward situation early on in the film that materialize in a believable way, but it doesn't examine those issues in the depth that they could have. Instead we are stuck with a rather bland story that becomes predictable in the second half.
April 14, 2012
I think the movie overall has a superb script (not the plot however) but the acting was so terrifying. Can't say there're any new elements in the film of this genre but it provided a good soundtrack and an important message.
August 26, 2009
Stupid ass movie.
December 20, 2008
It was lame, but enjoyable. The openly gay dude was really annoying (and ugly) and just bothered me, but Steve Sandvoss was good. It was alright.
½ August 29, 2008
It's not groundbreaking in it's plot but it offers more than the basic gay movie formula.
½ December 25, 2007
May 21, 2007
Very one sided.
November 29, 2010
Sexy & provocative coming-out comedy-drama is a heartfelt chronicle of the romantic give and take between a hunky gay waiter (Wesley A Ramsey) and the innocent & sexy Mormon missionary (Steve Sandvoss) What goes from a bet between friends that work for a local restaurant turns into much much more. a definably coming of age with feelings emotions & that twist in your stomach that tells you this is write even though you know it's wrong. Also starring Joseph Gordon Levitt who does his best to intervene but ends up shows his soft side for the two who have fallen in love a must see.
April 5, 2010
This is actually the first movie I ever cried while watching. I mean I consider myself a very masculine guy, and I was weeping.
April 3, 2010
Not bad but a tad too melodramatic. You can tell the writer was pretty angry at the Mormons, but rightfully so.
October 29, 2009
this movie was great, full of true to life moments that I could relate to. I am often that diva who gets the guy no matter what life tells him he should feel
½ November 9, 2008
Well written and well acted film. The tension between the main charcters is fun to watch, as the openly gay young man keeps trying to hit on his new Morman neighbor. Comedy and some life lessons. Check it out.
September 28, 2008
I have to say that I was very surprised by this film and happy that I saw it. Sometimes we need simple!
July 22, 2008
Gay love story between a Mormon boy and free spirited gay boy. They struggle with real and important issues such as homosexuality vs. religion. Deep movie, moving, and romantic. Totally recommend to everybody! Plus, Steve Sandvoss is such an eyecandy.
June 30, 2008
I have the movie Latter Days and I love that movie, because it kinda relates to my life and what Steve Sandvoss who played as Aaron Davis went through.