Lawless Heart Reviews

hunterjt13
September 18, 2011
After a man's funeral, three stories featuring friends and relatives of the deceased are interwoven.
I really enjoyed this film's concept. When the first story ends and the film focuses on another character, the film becomes a kind of mystery as we try to figure out what all the incidental details of the story mean. It's creative and original without being flashy like a bad Tarantino imitation.
Strong, understated performances by the three leading men, Douglas Henshall, Tom Hollander, and the incomparable Bill Nighy, and Josephine Butler are helped by intelligent dialogue.
However, I did think that each story ended too soon, which originally added to the film's suspense, and when I still wanted more answers by the end of the film, I felt like I had been cheated. What happens with Dan's marriage? What is Nick's response to Tim's final question? I think the film was trying to be subtle, but this element didn't play.
Overall, Lawless Heart -- I have no idea why that title fits -- is a creatively constructed film and worth the time.
jjnxn
April 27, 2010
Dull
arashxak
½ February 27, 2008
I really like these kind of movies which every character has a story and we see the relationship between them from different point of views. Lawless Heart has a tripartite narrative structure and in each we undrestand more about the details of the whole story. This movie shows the relationship between different people and ofcourse the role of heart, lawless heart. Hollander,Hershall & Nighy are great. I really enjoyed this pleasant comedy/drama & I loved the ending.
Oh I forgot the music score is fantastic and I'm Looking for it right now.
May 30, 2010
Okay. What more is there to say.
February 4, 2013
Interesting interweaving of love and relationships with some mildly funny moments, but a bit slow and not exactly terribly exciting.
½ November 26, 2012
Of all of the intertwining stories modern movies try to tell, few have their bases together like 'Lawless Heart.' Every line and every person matters. It's all very small but quite affecting.
February 28, 2005
Starts out a little slow and it lost my interest fast, but when I'd noticed the story was going to be told through 3 different characters and their stories were going to intertwine I was delighted (lack of a better word). The characters are smart, 3 dimensional, and interesting.