The Legend of Billie Jean Reviews

September 6, 2010
I loved this movie, Helen Slater is fantastic as the strong young woman trying to get justice. This is a great adventure, it's a teen road movie and crime drama sort of movie. I love it and I highly recommend it.
January 23, 2008
Enjoyable little 80's rebel yell, despite what the critics (and most everyone) said.
½ September 9, 2007
It was cheap but fun to watch.
½ June 18, 2007
Oh my god, FAIR IS FAIR! When the hell will this be on dvd?
July 8, 2007
A true 80's tale, starring Helen Slater and her brother that get accused of a crime they didn't commit, and end up being on the run from the law, trying to prove their innocence. Their true rebellion causes other teens to look up to their image as true heroes as they rebel against a crooked law enforcer that is determined to prove they are guilty, although they are not. I thought the story was good, and I enjoyed this movie during it's 80's era. One great tune from Pat Benatar to add a bonus. ;)
November 20, 2011
One of the best films of 1985 ! Really underrated & little seen film . a modern day re-telling of joan of arc . Helen Sater gives a great performance in the title role . (super hot as well)
February 7, 2007
A very underrated film from 1985. "The Legend of Billie Jean" is a great teen film about a girl fighting for justice. Helen Slater and Chistian Slater are superb in this film. Pat Benatar's song "Invincible" is the perfect theme to this awesome film. The great supporting cast include Yeardley Smith (the voice of Lisa Simpson of "The Simpsons"), Peter Coyote, Barry Tubb, Keith Gordon, Dean Stockwell, and Richard Bradford.
April 30, 2010
A great 80's flick! I loved this when it came out but recently watched it on the internet with my 12 year old daughter. Now it's one of her favorites. Fair is Fair!!!
September 15, 2009
Helen Slater is beautiful in The Legend of Billie Jean with a supporting role from a young Christian Slater. This film involves dramatized elements in the form of a "Fight For your Rights" storyline; teen fugitives on the run for attempted murder and kidnapping, then get dismissed of all the charges in the end. Of course, they were wrongly accused of the murder bit, and the kidnapping was actually staged with the victim falling for the heroine, Billie Jean (Helen Slater). Her fugitive status is looked up to in the teenage community, especially the female gender, and sets about a trend of Billie Jean look-a-likes across the state. The Legend of Billie Jean is a film about feminism, reflective and justice issues and the long-running angst of teenagers of the eighties. This film was also shot in my city of Corpus Christi, Texas.
January 18, 2009
IMO this is a classic 80's movie, cheesy?...yeah, so what? 80's cheesiness is fun, it's full of 80's pop culture, she cuts her hair really short, cut up a wetsuit, wears one earring and fingerless gloves and everyone wants to be her - VERY 80's and it's great.
½ June 4, 2008
I've seen this movie like twice. I thougth Helen Slater was quite hot. Christian Slater looked so ridiculous.
½ May 24, 2008
When you had Pat Benatar signing the lead song back then, you know the movie was gonna be a hit...and it was. Billie Jean turned me on to short haired woman...who are now turned on to other woman. Gotta love it.
½ June 20, 2007
As cheesy as it might be, this movie works. I loved it as a kid, and I love it as an adult. Helen Slater is so rad.
December 8, 2007
It took me 2 years to find a copy of this movie. After 2 years of hype when i finally bought it off ebay for way more than it was worth i was pleased to see that it lived up to the high expectations I had for it. The Legend of Billie Jean rocked too bad it isn't availible on DVD in the United States...but Da Hip Hop Witch is.
½ August 18, 2007
Just saw this for the first time recently and am now obsessed with it! It's hokey, eighties and totally freaking awesome! FAIR IS FAIR!
February 27, 2008
A spunky young woman and her teenage brother are wrongly implicated for some crime in their Texas town and hit the road. Their adventures turn them into rebel heroes and they set out to prove their innocence. Rather than surrendering, they use their new teenage fugitive status to stage something of a protest ("fair is fair"), and Billie Jean becomes their hero and icon for teenage rebellion as well as feminism. They become the martyrs of teenagers while the adults dismiss the entire thing as a bunch of rambunctious teenagers gone out of control. So, there is political significance in the story of Billie Jean in looking at the criminal justice system. In a decade filled with themes of teen angst, this one offers one story of the possibility of teen (and female) empowerment in a way that Pump Up the Volume or other movies like that did. You can't say you're a true fan of 80's flicks until you've seen this one.
November 9, 2007
See Helen and Christian Slater cast as brother and sister in this movie. Let's talk about that scooter...oh I don't want to give it away, you need to see it for yourself!
April 11, 2007
½ July 16, 2007
Good story. A great classic movie about a girl who want's to be taken serious. It's a great teen drama.
July 2, 2007
This was a movie I watched as a kid. I love the 80's haircuts and outfits. And of course the Pat Benetar!