97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Let It Shine Reviews

jcareb
December 10, 2012
I do think that Trevor Jackson,Coco Jones,and Tyler James Williams were good. But one of the only things i liked about this film. GRADE:C+
July 9, 2012
This movie has some serious lyrical content to the 10th degree very fresh to def and what a great story sort of like a rags to riches story song writer turned battle rapper overall i enjoyed the film for it's music and the power of truth and further more Hip Hop is here to stay for future generations to come kudos to the cast and director
June 16, 2012
It was a pretty good movie for another one of Disney's musicals. The actors had real talent and the story line was realistic and interesting. I would buy the DVD to watch it again.
September 20, 2012
Hard to review, but it's a good DCOM with good musical numbers especially the raps being well performed, and also the feeling's average like an average DCOM. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
September 13, 2013
very entertaining...especially the rap and the rnb music which was used
Film Fanatic
May 2, 2013
A cliché ridden mess, this Disney Channel movie is merely a 104 minute long disaster with awful acting, a poor script and way too many clichés for my liking.
December 25, 2012
One of the best Disney's original movies. Tyler James Williams, Coco Jones and Trevor Jackson make a great job, the songs are really awesome and story is very good. I recommend.
September 20, 2012
Jacob: Cyrus, not another word. From this moment on, you're on punnishment, you will not set foot in that club again. You gon' work long hard hours with the church choir the rest of the summer.
Cyrus: But dad
Jacob: That's all Cyrus!
Gail: Jacob! He's just trying to show you his songs.
Jacob: What kind of songs?
Gail: Honey does it matter? Your son want to share a part of himself with you. Is it so important what genre of music it's in? Honestly!
August 24, 2012
I don't think this movie was bad. Some of the music was good. The problem I have is that the plot in some ways is similar to the plot in Footloose. Mainly the father's role, which is similar to Lithgow's character in Footloose. Again, not a bad movie, but the story has been done before.
August 20, 2012
The film lacks originality and talent in act, despite the charism of his main actor!
Craig T.
June 16, 2012
After the past movies Disney has put out over the last couple of years, I wasn't looking forward to this movie. I didn't want to see another bad DCOM. But, this movie proved me wrong. The music was great! The cast was great! And their was a great message. Thanks to Disney. This movie is one of the best they put out.
Zeryna Z.
July 18, 2012
It is one of Disney Channel greatest original movies since Cheetah Girls. Tyler James Williams brings his character to life, and the motives for each character are great. The chemistry between the protagonist and heroine is a bit cliche at times but it is believable. This is the first movie of Disney Channel's that takes place in Atlanta, GA and that's what makes the movie and its music style credible. And the main character, Cyrus, is the first in Disney's arsenal that shows a genuine understanding and passion for music. Plus, this movie has a strong H&S--Heart and Soul.
June 20, 2012
Why did the pastor have to be the bad guy. while the night club owner
and the talent agent were portrayed as good. In real life that's never
the case. All I got from this "FILM" was fallowing your dreams.having
fun. and living a lie is more important than pleasing parents or God.
and its OK to live like the devil on Saturday. because you can come to
church on Sunday sing a song a justify yourself...BAD MESSAGE
Disney!!!!!. Disney is not a wholesome family focused network.
June 16, 2012
Great movie! Acting, plot, music.. A+!
June 16, 2012
A hip hop version of Cyrano de Bergerac, the timeless French tale about a poet who writes love poems for a nobleman wishing to win the heart of a lady,