Lethal Weapon 4 Reviews

Dr114
June 25, 2013
So for the past four nights I've been sitting down to watch each Lethal Weapon one at a time and let me just say I love this series. Lethal Weapon 4 was a great way to end the Lethal Weapon series. I'm just surprised I never got tired of watching Riggs and Murtaugh on screen. They're just so great together and it shows in each Lethal Weapon movie. I never got tired of these movies. Each movie holds up so well. Lethal Weapon 4 was an excellent end to an excellent series. This one even has a really good cast. It has Jet Li as the best villain in a Lethal Weapon movie (he's right up there next to Gary Busey in the first). Leo Getz is actually really funny in this one (to be honest, I found him irritating in the previous films). Now, just like the third movie, the first half of four isn't as good as the second half. It gets much better as the movie progresses. I love how the final fight scene is just as intense as the fight scene at the end of the first, but this time Murtaugh is involved in the action. Overall: Lethal Weapon is the series that redefined Buddy-cop action movies. Lethal Weapon 4 is a great ending to it all. Movie Letter Grade: A- Series Letter Grade: A
TheDudeLebowski65
½ July 13, 2011
By the fourth entry in the Lethal Weapons franchise, it's clear that the whole franchise was staying in the toilet, not that I ever truly cared much for the Lethal Weapons. By this time around, the series is so tongue in cheek that its lost it's credibility and it's hard to see it as a solid action film. Some casting decisions are plainly terrible. Joe Pesci and Chris Rock are bad in this, and it's surprising to have Pesci be annoying as hell here because he was terrific in Goodfellas and Raging Bull. Lethal Weapon 4 is one of the worst action films that I've seen. Lethal Weapon 4 is a blunder and doesn't work half the time. The fm is entertaining, but it feels so tonguie in cheek like I said it losses the fire to make it a truly memorable action film. The acting I thought was mediocre and it's not one of the best films with Mel Gibson. For me The Mad Max films and the first Lethal Weapon and Braveheart are his best performances, but in this film he falls flat. The best way to summarize Lethal Weapon 4 is that it's a mediocre fourth film that scraps the bottom of the barrel. The film could have been good, and there was some entertaining parts, but it wasn't enough to redeem the poor final product that is this film.
November 28, 2009
If this truly is the last entry in the series, it was quite the finale. Jet Li is quite possibly the most lethal of all the villains that Riggs and Murtaugh have gone up against and downright evil. Mel Gibson and Danny Glover still have so much chemistry after four movies and feel so genuine as best friends and partners. I liked seeing the cast that has grown over the years all brought together for this, it's a great family. The action in this movie continued to follow it's predecessors, being ridiculously cool and realistic at the same time. This one seemed to have the most emotional weight tagged on to it and it would almost be hard not to shed some tears at the end for Leo's frog story.
cosmo313
½ June 9, 2006
This is an alright movie, but it could have been better. It's obvious that things were losing steam by this point. The stunts and action sequences are well done though, and this does bring a decent close to the story, so that's cool I guess. I did however really like the humor. It's fun to see Rock and Pesci interact with one another.
CloudStrife84
½ April 12, 2007
There's a lot of things to love about the Lethal Weapon movies: the action, the humor, the heart and wonderful characters. The list goes on. But the best thing about them is that they're so consistently good. I don't think I've ever seen a film franchise, where each and every sequel maintains the magic of the original. But I guess we owe that to the fact that they all have the same director - namely Richard Donner. A man whose contributions to the action-comedy genre is worthy of great praise. Just too bad his magic died when he entered the 21st century.
thmtsang
August 4, 2007
The final of the lethal weapons stars Jet Li as the bad guy. Chris Rock is also good in this movie. Riggs and Murtaugh investigate a Chinese gangster.
½ August 15, 2009
I like all the Lethal Weapon movies, and this one is no exception. I don't see why anybody wouldn't like "Lethal Weapon 4" because it's everything most people would expect it to be. It has a lot of fast paced action, good special effects, and a lot of laughs. What made "Lethal Weapon 4" one of the best two of the series in my opinion is the comedy that's in the movie. Without a doubt, it has more comedy in it than the other three movies in the series by far. Some of the funniest parts are when Joe Pesci makes friends with a shark, and the laughing gas scene at the dentist's office. Like always, Mel Gibson and Danny Glover put on great performances, and Joe Pesci is hilarious. I'm not crazy about Chris Rock's stand up comedy show, but he was actually pretty good in this movie. Jet-Li also shows off some of his awesome fighting moves at times in the movie.
If you like movies with a lot of action and a lot of comedy, I recommend getting "Lethal Weapon 4." NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2000. This or 2 is the best LW. My rankings: LW4, 2, 1, 3
DragonEyeMorrison
April 14, 2008
A shame to see Jet Li playing the usual stereotype here. Bruce Lee would not be happy at all.
January 15, 2008
Only watched this one because of Jet Li. Got some laughs from Rock. Other than that I'm not exactly crazy about these kind of films though I enjoyed the action in this one.
January 27, 2007
Well, the script in the film is brilliant. Joe Pesci, as always, makes the crowd laugh until they have tears in their eyes. Just by having Chris Rock in the cast makes the film worthy of watching. Just like the other lethal weapon films, there's the great duo that makes this film shine, and of course that i am talking about Mel Gibson and Danny Glover. My favorite part of the movie is where Joe Pesci has a little "argument" with Danny Glover, and the constant mistakes by Mel saying the name of Cris Rock's character are hilarious. The roof top jumping and the last fight with Jet Li was also great. So if you haven't seen this, get some some money from your parents and go and rent it!!!
garyX
½ December 9, 2006
Rather better than the dismal third instalment, and Jet Li's star presence is a welcome addition, but we've seen it all before.
½ June 22, 2007
Roger Murtaugh: Since I met Riggs, I've had my house destroyed, my car wrecked, and now my BOAT SUNK. What's left?
Leo Getz: I think that's about it.

The last part of the series, everyone returns and Chris Rock and Jet Li join in. It's hard to say that despite how unnecessary this movie is, that it's not enjoyable.

No point in watching for story, the movie is built around it's action and comedy scenes, and it does those well.

Joe Pesci vs. Chris Rock is a great thing to see. Gibson finally cut his hair. Jet Li is just really mean.

Roger Murtaugh: What do we do?
Martin Riggs: Run him over.
Roger Murtaugh: What if he turns around and shoots us with that assault rifle?
Martin Riggs: He HASN'T yet. Have you thought about that? Don't be a don't-be, be a do-be. Come on, Rog, be POSITIVE, now.

This a very fun movie to watch.

Lee Butters: Somebody took my phone number and called Afghanistan. Afghanistan. I've never talked to anyone in Afghanistan, I don't know nobody in Afghanistan, and even if did know anyone, I wouldn't talk to that Afghan ass for three hours. I won't talk to my daddy for three hours.
½ May 26, 2007
Probably the best of the series, mixing great stunts, action and humour. Jet Li appears this time to give the buddy cops a real tough time.
kpn666
March 3, 2007
slowed down - but still good - Jet Li adds the extra slam, Chris Rock gives the extra slang.
deano
February 11, 2007
This is getting more fast, furious and feverishly funny with the return of Riggs and Murtaugh in this final film than Lethal Weapon series.
sanjurosamurai
January 15, 2007
great flick, chris rock and joe pesci played off of each other well
December 31, 2006
A barrels blazing, fist and feet flying great time. A great action movie that concludes the series nicely. Explosively hilarious and action-packed.
December 28, 2006
A fun way to end the series.
August 20, 2006
Enjoyable action seeing Mel and Glover together again. Some great wit and comedy from Gibson. Jet Li adds an aspect of action and Chris Rock fits well into the cast. Overall pretty much the same, just with more.
April 17, 2012
Lethal Weapon 4 goes to the well once again and serves up another pointless action film. In this installment Riggs and Murtaugh stumble across a human trafficking operation that leads to the Chinese Triad. Gibson and Glover return, along with Pesci and Russo. Plus, Chris Rock is added to the mix for some extra comedy, and Jet Li takes the reigns as the new villain. Yet, the film stays true to form and delivers more over-the-top action and the same tired old jokes. There's nothing especially bad about Lethal Weapon 4 (excepted maybe the heavy handing moralizing), but the series has worn itself out. Lethal Weapon 4 is a decent action film that still has some magic left (but not that much).