The Life Before This - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

iLeo
December 25, 2007
Interesting.
½ February 11, 2013
The Life Before This has got to be one of the most underrated films of all time and it's such a shame that it isn't more well known. The film starts off with a shooting rampage at a coffee shop, which kills multiple people, and then the film follows the lives of multiple characters in the short time span leading up to the tragic event. While the film is a bit undercooked around the edges, it is an absolutely beautiful and compelling mess of a film with many great ideas that could have been reached their full potential had this film perhaps had a longer running time. I loved how it explored the lives of its fascinating characters whose lives are spiralling out of control even before the tragic event. It's a beautiful film and also an extremely underrated one. It might be somewhat flawed, but I do believe that it certainly worth seeing at least once because it is a unique and compelling film.
½ February 11, 2013
April 29, 2009
I thought this was great.
Don't bother with it if you only love bloated, overdramatized Hollywood films with overdeveloped plots. And don't watch it if you're only looking for entertainment. No offense intended... I love that stuff, too.
This caught my breath. It was a relief to watch something so poignant after all the shmatlz I've seen of late.
½ February 23, 2008
Certainly random and unconnected. No plot as such that I could determine. Still, quite touching.
½ July 10, 2007
Good premise. Bad execution.
June 15, 2007
Didn't see all of it. looked good.
June 13, 2007
Sad, eye opening film.
June 7, 2007
This movie had it's good ponts and bad points. David was not in it much and had a few lines. There was too much going on in the movie going back and forth with characters had a tough time keeping up
February 23, 2007
i know the director and i think this is a great movie. i love action movies
½ September 3, 2006
An interesting film about fate. It shows the lives of six strangers, where they deal with loss, desperation, lies and self-worth, leading up to a tragic shooting in a cafe!