Life with Mikey Reviews

The Gandiman
½ January 5, 2013
Huge potential. Hugely missed. Great cast but the plotting is predictable and many of the situations as stereotypical as they come. Shame considering the talent involved.
September 6, 2010
This is a good showbiz movie, and it's about kids, so it's a great family film.
FiLmCrAzY
½ February 7, 2009
this is a cute fun and funny movie that is good to watch, but can drag a bit and get a bit boring in places!
Michael J Fox plays a child actor turned talent scout that doesnt really take life seriously and dosnt go to work often but when he comes across a girl who can act he knows hes found the big bucks but she is a petty thief who has issues with telling the truth!
Its a light hearted movie that is funny in places and is cute to watch!
thmtsang
December 29, 2007
This former child actor to turned agent for other young actors.
sanjurosamurai
January 22, 2007
really good movie
November 7, 2006
So cute.
December 6, 2011
Truly a joy to see and behold as Michael Chapman (Michael J. Fox) and his brother Ed Chapman (Nathan Lane) try to run a down (and almost!) out child star agency. Despite all of his efforts Mike makes various appearances to every place that remembers him as a former child star to keep his own agency going. Then by chance he "bumps" into a pick pocketing little girl that refuses to go to school because of her personal displeasure for it. As Mike's last ditch effort to save the agency, as well as the future of this troubled pre-teen girl, he signs her up for an opportunity to be in a commercial that may make or break both of their futures. Combined with a mixture of classic songs and slick coming of age comedy, this family movie is one to always remember. Truly a good one to see with the entire family.
mingsysar
August 23, 2006
I just can't help liking any film that stars Michael J. Fox.
May 21, 2007
Okay.
½ January 20, 2010
I don't remember when I saw it, but I liked it. Unlike 60% of Flixster viewers? Uh, yeah. It probably wasn't that great but I DON'T CARE. D<
September 20, 2008
Fifteen years ago, Michael Chapman (Michael J. Fox) was a pint-sized TV superstar, the wisecracking cute kid on a sitcom called Life with Mikey. Now, long after leaving professional acting behind, he and his brother, Ed (Nathan Lane), run a talent agency for children with marginal-to-nonexistent ability. Their fortunes are sinking quickly until Michael runs into 10-year old pickpocket Angie Vega on the street. He's so impressed by the performance she gives when she's caught lifting some guy's wallet that he invites her to the agency for an audition. Michael J. Fox has never been a great comic actor, but he usually does an adequate job (as in Back to the Future and Doc Hollywood). Not so in Life with Mikey, his character is completely unconvincing. Christina Vidal, a newcomer, supplies the only brief bursts of liveliness available in this otherwise-stagnant picture, but she still has a lot of rough edges.
June 15, 2008
I think Michael J. Fox is just an adorable actor, his physical comedy is the best.....and he is so great with the kids
August 16, 2007
Not one of Michaels best movies but I liked it. Guess I like the old sentimental stuff. It has a nice theme of helping another turn their life around.
½ June 13, 2007
The real reason to see this film: Cyndi Lauper. Other than that, the film still manages to exceed expectations.
January 15, 2007
i saw this on wb movies it was cool its about a guy looking for talent and they girl he finds has a amasing talent for acting for commecials but major atitude problem she has a cute accent i think she was from brookln
January 1, 2007
michael j fox plays a guy who was a star when he was a kid. and now he works for a talent agency. its a really funny movie!
February 7, 2015
I must?ve watched this movie once a week growing up. This immediately makes me a biased reviewer with so much nostalgia attached. However, after revisiting this recently?I STILL KINDA LIKED IT! A funnier-than-expected meta-commentary on Fox and his own career, there is some really cool chemistry between him and his cohorts. Sure, it falters in some heavy drama in the last third, but it?s still a watchable little family dramedy that is filled with good-natured sweetness.
July 9, 2014
Fox and Lane play Brothers who run a talent agency.Angie (Vidal) is the sweet honey who they meet and try to help.I love Cyndi Lauper, who we have heard in many songs. A bit of sadness, as we hear of Angie's father.Fox somehow tries to get Angie to reunite and bond with Dad who left her.During the holidays,it is nice to find cheer and welcome sweet films like this one
The Gandiman
½ January 5, 2013
½ October 18, 2009
** (out of four)

Michael J. Fox pokes a little fun at himself in this comedy about a one time child actor whose career has died. Now he is an agent for a bunch of lively and precocious children.

Too bad the writing and direction doesn't live up to Fox's charms.