The Lion King 2 - Simba's Pride (1998)
Average Rating: 5.6/10
Reviews Counted: 6
Fresh: 2 | Rotten: 4
No consensus yet.
Release Date: Oct 27, 1998 Wide
Average Rating: 3.2/5
User Ratings: 435,279
Darrell Rooney directed this direct-to-video sequel to Disney's 1994 The Lion King, which climaxed with Simba (voice of Matthew Broderick) enthroned as the ruling king of beasts following the death of the evil Scar. With the spirited tune He Lives in You, Simba and his mate Nala (Moira Kelly) issue a triumphant announcement of the birth of Lion Princess Kiara (Neve Campbell)! Given to misadventures and mischief, Kiara wanders into the forbidden Outlands, the haunt of Scar's exiled minions, and
Oct 27, 1998 Wide
Oct 27, 1998
Watch It Now
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
It's a fun story that actually gives something more to the characters than most sequels do, from the animated Disney line or not.
An ineffective sequel in the two ways that are most important: it does not live up to the original's visual legacy, and it does not expand the characters or setting in a meaningful or consistent way.
Better than countless animated films that have received big-screen releases.
Audience Reviews for The Lion King 2 - Simba's Pride
Movies Like The Lion King 2 - Simba's Pride
- Simba: No! Dad! Just A Little Farther!
- Kovu: [Scar's Physical form latches onto simba] GOTCHA!! Trust Me...
- Mufasa: Simbaaaaaaaaaaaa! [falls from Gorge]
- Simba: NOOOOOOOO! Scar! [Scar transforms into Kovu] Kovu? [Kovu throws simba down after Mufasa]
- Rafiki: I don't think this is going to work, But I trust you. I just hope you know what you're doing...
- Simba: Stay out of this!
- Kiara: Daddy this has to stop, a wise king once told me we are one I didn't understand him then, now I do.
- Simba: But us them..
- Kiara: Them us look at them they ARE us what differences to you see?
- Kiara: Who do you think you are?
- Kovu: I think I'm the one who just saved your life!
- Pumbaa: What do we do? What do we do?
- Timon: There's one thing, Pumbaa. 'When the going gets tough, the tough get going.' That's our motto.
- Pumbaa: I thought our motto was, 'Hakuna Matata.'
- Timon: Pumbaa, stop living in the past! We need a new motto. Yee-haw. [both screaming 'for war,' lion roars at them, both scream] Like I said, 'let's get going!
- Timon: Just us and the little guy.
- Rafiki: [laughing] It's a girl.
- Timon: Oh, a girl?!
Discuss The Lion King 2 - Simba's Pride on our Movie forum!