The Little Colonel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Little Colonel Reviews

November 17, 2007
One of my favorite childhood movies and Shirley Temple movies and all time movies.
March 22, 2014
one of my fave temple pix is this costume drama set in the ole south
March 30, 2013
i really like shirley temple movies
½ July 17, 2012
Shirley Temple and Lionel Barrymore. What more could you ask for? She is at her cutest and funniest in this film.
½ May 17, 2012
The most tolerable, likable Shirley Temple film I have yet to see. This had a quite defined story & great supporting actors.

The story is simple but it works it has all the usual elements singing, mischief & a complete overkill of 'cuteness'.

Shirley Temple films are clearly out dated but this is an interesting film to look out for social reasons & I believe one of the best in her catalogue.
April 8, 2012
shirley temple as what she does best...
June 24, 2010
Shirley Temple warms your heart.
½ June 10, 2010
By today's PC correctness this would totally be raciest but then they didn't really think about it. Funny if you watch it along those PC lines
November 29, 2009
One of my favorite Shirley Temple films.
July 25, 2009
Saw it before and really love her movies
June 26, 2009
Of COURSE it's "racist" in today's society....but that just means the movie did a good job of representing the era it was filmed for. DUH!
April 7, 2009
Awesome tap dancing scene on the stairs!
March 14, 2009
i really enjoy this one and it make you cry. all Shirley Temple's movies is "ONE THE GREATEST AND THE BEST" MOVIES" that you can watch with your childrens!!!! it true, you kmow!!!!
½ March 3, 2009
i love when they're dancing up the stairs. all i wanted when i was little was to learn to tap dance
February 1, 2009
shirley temple as what she does best...
September 21, 2008
This movie is when Shirley Temple was a little younger than some of her other films. Some fun and comical moments. The overall plot is predictable but a classic Temple film if that counts for anything.
½ September 23, 2008
doesnt stand the test of time at all, is mildly racist, and pushes american family values so hard in your face... this all, of course, would be unbearable if shirley fucking temple wasnt such a cutesie wootsie when the tappy tap dances with the butler.
August 3, 2008
shirley always could work her charms and so cute as a button with her big curls...