64% The Maze Runner Sep 19

62% Under the Dome: Season 2

The Littlest Rebel Reviews

Sarah P

November 17, 2007
I thought the Little Cololnel was much better - I don't think there was a need for both. And the Abraham Lincoln scene was a little over the top.
June 13, 2013
Personally loved the movie ,and besides no one has the natural talent like Shirley does anymore. She was one of the last well respected actresses of her time.
October 3, 2008
good stuff rewatch 4/12/11:I think this & baby take a bow are my fave temple movies. the dance routine with mr bojangles is amazing & Temple only had 2b shown the routine once & se had it!
July 19, 2008
Wow. This movie is so messed up in that Freudian way. First thing Shirley Temple is this spunky little girl who's for the Confederacy, the Black servants are totally infantilized, she meets with President Lincoln (?) and she wants to marry her dad - messed up!
dcrees
June 18, 2008
Holy crap! I don't know if I've ever seen such a racist movie. The way black people were depicted - as "happy darkie" slaves who can't come up with thoughts of their own and shake in their boots at the rumors of the end of slavery. More shocking than anything. Also the little girl kinda freaked me out. Especially during the "blackface" bit.
June 7, 2008
What a great classic flick. Saw it in film class. You can definitely see why S.Temple had unlimited box office charm.
July 19, 2012
Shirley Temple is on the Confederate side during the war, a true rebel. Cute film, but the a little racist at times, especially one slave is shown as a real idiot, but adds most of the humour.
moviebuff18cab
August 10, 2005
THE LITTLEST REBEL (1935)
jazza923
May 21, 2005
SHIRLEY TEMPLE HAS SUCH A SCREEN PRESENCE. SHE IS SO ADORABLE AND SURE KNOWS HOW TO MANIPULATE AN AUDIENCE. THIS IS A PRETTY AVERAGE TEMPLE VEHICLE, SHE IS THE DAUGHTER OF A CONFEDERATE WHO HAS SPUNK AND CHARM. A VERY WELL MEANING AND ENJOYABLE FILM.